New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The loss of audio for the rift s

DAHobbitGamingDAHobbitGaming Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited July 2019 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
so everytime I have play VRCHAT and pavlov my tracking will break for a second then be fine but when it breaks I lose audio and the ability to talk in game and the only way I have been able to fix this is by restarting steamVr and the Oculus app. the app also recommends that I update my usb drivers which I have done but nothing change I have unplugged reinstalled restarted but nothing works also I have done a compatibility check and it said my computer is able to run the rift s it even said my usb was fine but the app disagrees is there anything else I can do to fix this problem
Tagged:

Comments

• DextirDextir Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This is exactly my same issue, I have tried updating drivers, disabling other audio devices, using my own headphones w the 3.5 mm jack. nothing helps, basically every game eventually the tracking sticks so the entire game scene moves with my head movement for a second, then when tracking resumes I have lost audio. Restarting everything is only way to regain sound.
  • ClearkillClearkill Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having similar problems ever since I got my Rift S in early June. I have had a CV1 for years without any problems even when using extensions. 

After some time, my Rift S light will turn orange and the headset will not show anything, or will show a grid without any tracking (follows wherever you look). Other times, I will just suddenly lose all audio as well as microphone functionality until I unplug the Rift S USB and plug it back in. I've been emailing with support for over a month without any solutions or real help. 
  • Heretic00Heretic00 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've got the exact same issue, for me I will constantly go into desktop mode window's settings->sound devices->and disable then re-enable rift s headphones. This temporarily fixes it for 5 ish min if your mid [somthing important].
  • algo90algo90 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello,
    Any solution for this problem ?
  • Mardon91Mardon91 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I get the same problem. I tried everything. Has someone found a solution?