No man sky wont lunch — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

No man sky wont lunch

Hello. I got oculus rift s yesterdey. And i buy ni man sky in the steam vr shop. I installd the game but it wont lunch. All i get in my oculus is black screen some time its say that he cant sence my head movment and some time its say that my right controller is out of battery and then i have to reatart my computer. My comouter spect is gtx 1080 i7 6800k .
My windows is up to date and my gtx 1080 is updater to the last virsion. The game.dosent send report of some problem to fix. Evrething eles work fine i downloded google.erthe diysnyworld and some.other app and they all work fine. What the problem and how can i fix it

Comments

• ShocksOculusShocksOculus Posts: 374
    Trinity
    edited July 10
    1. No Mans Sky doesnt have VR yet. The VR releases in a few months

2. Try posting this on the SteamVR discussions page. If your Rift S works with Oculus software, then it's a steam problem  https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/

3. You must run the Oculus program and steam at the same time.

EDIT - added link
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    I bought it couple weeks ago in preparation for VR in the sale. Definitely not playable yet in VR but plays fine in steam. 

Ps it’s launch not lunch 😀 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,577 Valuable Player
    edited July 10
    Had much the same problem - I think it caused me to die from starvation! I really dislike when I can't lunch in the game, but maybe it's better than to die from the cold? Sigh, maybe I should read the manual or try the tutorial, right now I'm just wandering around until I die  ;)

Looking forward to play it in VR, when the VR patch probably arrives later this month.  
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,573 Valuable Player
    Yeh because NMS went out for dinner.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,573 Valuable Player
    Scratch so nice gotta hear it twice...

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,530 Volunteer Moderator
    I’ve merged these duplicate threads. If your topic doesn’t appear immediately after posting, please give it a bit of time rather than posting it again. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • 696CosmicGamer696696CosmicGamer696 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I dont undrstand  if the game is for the pc and not the vr why my pc not lunching the game and i get black screen. Ift its not for the vr i itlist can play iy in the play room in 100 inc tv in the vr
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,260 Valuable Player
    edited July 10
    I dont undrstand  if the game is for the pc and not the vr why my pc not lunching the game and i get black screen. Ift its not for the vr i itlist can play iy in the play room in 100 inc tv in the vr
    All i get in my oculus is black screen some time its say that he cant sence my head movment and some time its say that my right controller is out of battery and then i have to reatart my computer.
    You could give a bit more info rather then just say your game won't launch. First of all it won't work in VR because No Mans Sky isn't even out yet for VR. Judging by what you have said above there's no wonder why it isn't working on you Television screen because I honestly have no idea what you are trying to do here.

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,915 Valuable Player
    Maybe it will only LUNCH after breakfast. 
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,494
    Project 2501
    I bought it couple weeks ago in preparation for VR in the sale. Definitely not playable yet in VR but plays fine in steam. 

It was on sale? I just checked and it's $59.99 now. I guess I missed it. How much was it on sale for? 
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    I cant quite remember but maybe 19.99 GBP
  • OculusHomieOculusHomie Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I got it for £19.99 and await the VR update.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,530 Volunteer Moderator
    MowTin said:

It was on sale? I just checked and it's $59.99 now. I guess I missed it. How much was it on sale for? 
    The Steam Summer Sale ended a couple days ago. You could have had it for 50% off. It's been on sale at that discount level a few times this year--I grabbed it for $30 a few months back in anticipation of the VR add-on this summer.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB