Just got my Quest imported to Brasil a week ago and since them i´m having a hard time keeping it connected to ANY wifi.
A quick search on google revealed a lot of issues on the topic and I already tried all the solutions I could find (here on oculus forums or reddit) including:
- 3 factory restores (2 via app and 1 via the headset using power+volume)
- creating a exclusive 5ghz network dedicated to the Quest first using my airport extreme (worked for 5-10 minutes)
- use my iphone as hotspot (worked for 5-10 minutes)
- creating a exclusive 5ghz network dedicated to the Quest using a separated TPlink Archer c7 as router (worked for 5-10 minutes)
- creating a exclusive 5ghz network dedicated to the Quest using a separated TPlink Archer c7 as Access Point (worked for 5-10 minutes)
- creating a exclusive 5ghz network dedicated to the Quest first using my Dlink EXO ac2600 (same 5-10 minutes them drops) -- same dlink exo ac2600 5ghz only, no extra configs/firewall, with a dedicated ip to Quest and NO PASSWORD (sometimes more them 10 minutes but still drops randomly).
- took to 3 different friends using their network ( same 5-10 minutes them drops).
- tried using swifi sideloaded - nothing changed
In all cases the wifi status on oculus quest appears greyed out (with the 3 curved bars as it was connected but in a darker shade of grey) and an error appears everytime i want to use anything online (home, bigscreem, recroom...) stating that i do not have internet. Funny thing is it appears as connected in the devices log (all routers and even the iphone in hotspot still shows it as an active client.) After it drops the only way to connect back is to restart the Quest. If I try do turn off/on the wifi in the menu using the toggle, it will stay off until a hard restart (if I try to restart via power + restart menu the quest screen goes black but never restarts itself. A hard restart is needed.)
It seems that the only way to keep it connected is having my EXO ac2600 (dir-882) on 5ghz ac only, not use a password (very insecure) and keep the unity casting to my ipad. I could manage to stay connected for 45 minutes this way but it disconected as soon as I stoped casting.
Since I´m in Brasil and it costed a lot in shipping and import taxes It would be a PITA to send it back to Oculus (extra costs and the risk of valuable things just vanishing from brazilian customs). IMHO it looks like a software issue.
One thing that I would like to try before going into the trouble of making an international RMA is to use an external 3.0 usb wifi dongle on it.
Anyone knows a way of doing that via sideloader or so?
I already opened a ticket with Oculus and will let you know what happens here.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!