To anyone having sound issues through oculus rift headphones READ THIS!! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

To anyone having sound issues through oculus rift headphones READ THIS!!

Twistedgamer420Twistedgamer420 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Right so basically i was having my left headphone cut out alot and i found out that the black screw on the inside of the head band was the cause and when i adjusted it the sound came back now. I have realised that the earphone its self has contact points which connect it to contact points on the headband which means that the screw can increase/decrease the ammount of contact the earphone holds to the other points on the headband. So if you are having sound issues adjust the screw clockwise until it tightens but don't overtighten or you may shear the screw but then your earphone should have the right ammount of contact with its points therefore hopefully fixing your problem. I hope this helps

Comments

• ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    edited July 11
    I had exactly the same issue with my CV1.  

I used to have to tighten the screw every time i used the headset, but then I cut some tiny bits of tin-foil and put a few layers into each hole on the headband.   This raised the contact point just enough to make better contact, and never had to tighten the screw again!
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."