cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen but movement is detected with Oculus Rift

Arakismo
Sightseer
Hey,
I recently switched to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and since then my Oculus won't work.
When I start up Beat Saber, for exemple, I can see the movement of the Rift on the Monitor but the Screen inside the rift is black(not 100% black, more like dark grey, it's like it's trying to startupt but it can't). From what I can see the usb work but the HDMI have a problem.

Tried 2 different port on my GTX 970, reinstalled the Oculus program and reinstalled Nvidia drivers but it didn't fix the problem.

Anyone got an idea of how to fix that?
Thanks in advanceé
5 REPLIES 5

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Windows privacy settings, allow apps to access your camera?

Arakismo
Sightseer

sraura said:

Windows privacy settings, allow apps to access your camera?

This setting is already activated unfortunaly so the problem is not from there 😕

Arakismo
Sightseer
Okay I found the problem and it's the most stupid thing ever. Apparently when you have an accent in your Windows 10 name the Oculus stay black. So I created a new User with NO ACCENTS and launched Oculus and now it work well. Why the F is this even a bug lol.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Been rather common issue lately... unfortunately.
Happy to hear that you figured it out.

Sirbum69
Honored Guest
i have no accent in my name and i still have been getting this. actully it seems about 2 weeks ago my headset doesnt seem to want to work half the time. i put it on my head and i get a black screen. If i restart oculus then i get the windows program may have crashed should you wait or close. Seems something has broken it latly.