Sairento VR - Free Weekend starts in 2 hours 28 minutes!!! - Woohoo!! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sairento VR - Free Weekend starts in 2 hours 28 minutes!!! - Woohoo!!

SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,121
Wintermute
edited July 12 in Games and Apps
Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you know!
Play for Free from 7/12/2019, 6:00 PM GMT+1 until 7/15/2019, 6:00 AM GMT+1
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1271135186302289

I'm very excited to try try this game myself, been thinking about buying it for a while now.  :p

EDIT: Why do american's write the date the wrong way round! For UK the date would read 12/07/2019 to 15/07/2019! - Being pedantic I know! hahahaha  :D

I can't wait to slice off a bad guys head with a sword and feel like a bad ass Samurai!!
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Comments

  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    Me too! 

    Going to get stright into this tonight! :-)  

    Thanks for the "Head's-up"
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

    Leeds, UK.

    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

    "Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    I got Sairento on Steam. It is an excellent game and you can spend easily dozens of hours with it. So far i have around 15 hours and im not even close to max level or bored yet. With levels you get cool upgrades which make you feel even more superninja.
  • PsychosisProphetPsychosisProphet Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I will be checking this out as soon as it is available for free.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,494
    Project 2501
    saami81 said:
    I got Sairento on Steam. It is an excellent game and you can spend easily dozens of hours with it. So far i have around 15 hours and im not even close to max level or bored yet. With levels you get cool upgrades which make you feel even more superninja.
    Can you play seated? 
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    edited July 12
    MowTin said:
    saami81 said:
    I got Sairento on Steam. It is an excellent game and you can spend easily dozens of hours with it. So far i have around 15 hours and im not even close to max level or bored yet. With levels you get cool upgrades which make you feel even more superninja.
    Can you play seated? 
    I havent tried, but i think it would be very hard to play seated. Not sure, if impossible.


    Apparently it is possible to play seated. Immersion might not be so good as standing up.

  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    edited July 13
    What a cracking game!!!

    Feels like I'm in a John Woo movie! :-)



    Added to my collection of "must haves" on Rift!!

    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

    Leeds, UK.

    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

    "Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,915 Valuable Player
    Never understood why this game is so talked about. 

    Doesn’t seem good to me. 
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,494
    Project 2501
    edited July 13
    Digikid1 said:
    Never understood why this game is so talked about. 

    Doesn’t seem good to me. 
    Are you kidding? You're wall running and doing all sorts of cool acrobatic maneuvers like some kind of cyberpunk ninja.

    I'm pretty impressed by it so far. 


  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,494
    Project 2501
    I've been playing the free weekend. You can play seated. 

    The key to make it work is calibrating the height at which crouch and slide will be triggered. 

    This is not an easy game. It has tons of options. You're going to struggle a lot at first but it's very rewarding. It's the most intense game I've played in VR so far. 
  • J-FlyJ-Fly Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    The main reason why I purchased it for the Quest is because I noticed that the PSVR version is twice the price. So I assume I got a good deal. 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,260 Valuable Player
    edited July 14
    MowTin said:
    Digikid1 said:
    Never understood why this game is so talked about. 

    Doesn’t seem good to me. 
    Are you kidding? You're wall running and doing all sorts of cool acrobatic maneuvers like some kind of cyberpunk ninja.

    I'm pretty impressed by it so far. 


    That video was funny. Watching the character in the game doing all these incredible maneuvers and then seeing the guy in the corner looking like it's an exercise class for OAP's at a retirement home made me laugh.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,494
    Project 2501
    edited July 14
    RedRizla said:

    That video was funny. Watching the character in the game doing all these incredible maneuvers and then seeing the guy in the corner looking like it's an exercise class for OAP's at a retirement home made me laugh.
    This video does a better job showing how cool this game is. 

    I can't believe I waited so long to play this. This is now at the top of my list of favorite VR games. 



    I will definitely be purchasing this after the free weekend. 
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,121
    Wintermute
    I like the game but not too impressed with the graphics.

    Also the controls seem a bit janky.

    Why is the analogue stick so hyper sensitive when you touch it to turn your view? I've never experienced this problem in any other VR game these past 3 years. Is there any way to lower the sensitivity? 

    I love the way it feels to kill enemies with a sword, that part is pretty cool, when your floating down from the Sky and you stab them or cut their head off, pretty awesome.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 229
    Nexus 6

    I know what you mean @SkScotchegg on the graphics front, not sure how old the game is but it's still a lot of fun once it it set up right.

    I also had the same hype sensitive turning problem, but ther is an option to reduce the turn amount in the settings, and this made it a lot more playable for me.


    Stil not as good as the guy in @MowTin's video!!, but managed to work up a sweat!

    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

    Leeds, UK.

    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

    "Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
Sign In or Register to comment.