Oculus Rift causes crashing/freezing when touch controllers move too far — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift causes crashing/freezing when touch controllers move too far

BattlesheepBattlesheep Posts: 2
NerveGear
i’ve owned my oculus for over a year, and it had been working just fine. Lately i’ve been having problems with it crashing/freezing. It seems it only happens when and only when my headset or touch controls move too far from the center of the play area. As long as i avoid this, the headset and the touch controls seem to track just fine, and i am able to run apps. The effects seem to depend on what i’m playing, in SteamVR, it only causes Steam to crash, but in the Oculus menu, it causes the whole computer to freeze, requiring a restart.

any idea how i can fix this? I haven’t changed any hardware since when it was working, and my computer doesn’t have any new trouble with non-VR applications. I’ve already tried repairing the Oculus app, but the problem persists.
Tagged:

Answers

• BattlesheepBattlesheep Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    UPDATE: partially solved. The guardian system was to blame, running through the setup and skipping the guardian portion solved the crashing, though i wouldn’t call it solved since i now have no guardian to keep me from bumping into walls.
  • JedjammanJedjamman Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    My brother has the exact same problem and we figured out the same "solution" last weekend.
  • harshidharshid Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Im getting the same issue too, this solution worked for me. Thanks, I havent been able to use my oculus for a month till now!