Apologies as if re-posted this in the Oculus Rift S board.
Been trying for days to get my new rift S up and running, but wont connect to display port.
During setup, I put in USB and get green check mark, then when I plug in Display port, I get a green check-mark for about 2-4 seconds, then it goes back to spinning circle. The light on the oculus turns white, and it receives audio fine. Also worth pointing out I did the oculus system test and everything was green lit.
I found some people are having similar problems, but issue has still not been resolved. I am posting because I want to see if others are still suffering, or if they have figured a way to make it work.
My setup:Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz / GTX 1080ti / 16 MB Ram / AORUS B360 Gaming 3 WIFI motherboard
Things I have tried:
- *Yes I am in contact with oculus support, sent ticket, logs and am going back and forth trying different things*
- Updated windows, BIOs, drivers
- Tried different display ports and USB ports (I even bought a new pci USB 3.0 in case it was the USBs on my MB)
- Uninstalling Oculus and my all my Nvidia drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) then re-installing both
- Resetting Oculus app
- Repairing Oculus app
- Trying latest beta version of app
- Updated USB ports, etc in Device Manager
- Checked the status of the USB connections in Device Manger
- Uninstalling the RIFT connection in Device Manger (then re-installing)
- Plugged USB in first, then waited 30 seconds to plug in Display Port
- Made sure my only dedicated display output was set to my GPU in bios
- Turned off my motherboard display output
- Unplugged and re-seated the cable attached to the actual headset
- Made sure my “Allow apps to access your camera” setting to “On.”
- USB ports are not ASMedia or VIA.
- Have latest firmware updates for Display Ports