I've been a Quest user since the launch in May and have not had any major problems with nausea but lately I have had real issues and get nauseous doing even comfortable things.
I think I have an idea why this is. My gyro seem to "misbehave" and the room tracking moves slightly along with my head for the gyro parts.
To reproduce my problem:
1. Start your Oculus Quest
2. Set up room-scale VR and make sure you have good lighting.
3. Step outside of the guardian area and look at the Guardian boundaries.
4. Hold your head still and take a step backwards or forwards => The guardian is stable = OK
5. Hold your head still and take a step to the left or the right => The guardian is stable = OK
6. Stand still and tilt your head to look up => The guardian boundaries moves considerably = Not ok!
7. Stand still and move your head to look to either left or the right => The guardian boundaries moves considerably = Not ok!
I think the gyro integration with the room tracking (the 3DOF part) have some major issue.
Either it's a bug (considering the movement behaviour I'd say it is), my device is broken or the gyro in it need calibration.
Can anyone else reproduce this behaviour or is it only my device that have this issue?