I'm trying to get this Rift S to work with a Alienware X51 R3 with a PNY GTX 970 Card (Ports are DVI, 2 Mini-DPs, and 1 HDMI) Even with the adapter the software only sees the displayport connection for a bit then tells me to reconnect the Display port Connection.
If this help, here are the steps I have already taken to try and solve the issue.
- Updating the Graphic Card BIOS (This was recommended to update the Displayport Compatbility to 1.3 & 1.4, Dunno what the Rift S requires... Probably 1.2. Still...)
- Updating Windows and Fully reinstalling the OS and updating again (No Luck)
- Updating through Nvidia GEForce Experience (Graphic Drivers)
- Following the Rift's Site instructions to get the adapter working in Windows 10
- Enabling Camera in Windows Privacy Settings (I honeslty have no Idea why this had to be done, maybe for the cameras on the headset?)
- Using other 3rd party adapters. (While the headset itself works, I have another laptop that uses ThunderBolt 3 and it works with a USB-C to DP adapter that I bought from Amazon...) (And to answer another question, Yes I bought another adapter just like the one that came in the box, Same result. Sees the connection then drops it after a second)
I'm hoping that someone from the community can help out a new guy in VR!
Any and all help is appreciated!