Mini DP to Display-port not working on Rift S — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Mini DP to Display-port not working on Rift S

I'm trying to get this Rift S to work with a Alienware X51 R3 with a PNY GTX 970 Card (Ports are DVI, 2 Mini-DPs, and 1 HDMI) Even with the adapter the software only sees the displayport connection for a bit then tells me to reconnect the Display port Connection.

If this help, here are the steps I have already taken to try and solve the issue.

• Updating the Graphic Card BIOS (This was recommended to update the Displayport Compatbility to 1.3 & 1.4, Dunno what the Rift S requires... Probably 1.2. Still...)
  • Updating Windows and Fully reinstalling the OS and updating again (No Luck)
  • Updating through Nvidia GEForce Experience (Graphic Drivers)
  • Following the Rift's Site instructions to get the adapter working in Windows 10
  • Enabling Camera in Windows Privacy Settings (I honeslty have no Idea why this had to be done, maybe for the cameras on the headset?)
  • Using other 3rd party adapters. (While the headset itself works, I have another laptop that uses ThunderBolt 3 and it works with a USB-C to DP adapter that I bought from Amazon...) (And to answer another question, Yes I bought another adapter just like the one that came in the box, Same result. Sees the connection then drops it after a second)
I'm hoping that someone from the community can help out a new guy in VR!
Any and all help is appreciated!

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,238 Volunteer Moderator
    Is that 970 inside the r3? I thought they came with a 960 ? Have you tried to disable the intel onboard graphics or set the 970 to primary?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• ShadowMike101ShadowMike101 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have, the intel card is silent. But there is definitley a gtx 970 in there.
  • ShadowMike101ShadowMike101 Posts: 3
    NerveGear

• Mike131005Mike131005 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same Problem!
    Have you found the issue!