Audio cutting out (Rift S) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Audio cutting out (Rift S)

LiamS2005LiamS2005 Posts: 2
NerveGear
I haven't found anyone else with this problem on the Rift S, only people with the original Rift. Depending on the game I'm playing, the audio will cut out until I restart it by toggling the "Disable all enhancements" in the sound control panel. Pretty sure the problem is the audio drivers crashing. A Township Tale (free pre-alpha sandbox RPG) seems to drop out alot faster than Beat Saber, although it still drops out (freezing the song) often enough to be annoying.

People have reported this problem on the CV1, and their fix was to either switch the headset to a USB 2.0 or to change the sound quality to CD quality, however I don't have any USB 2.0 ports, and I'm pretty sure 2.0 isn't compatible with the Rift S anyway. The sound quality dropdown is also greyed out, and I can't change it from DVD quality. Changing USB ports doesn't seem to help the problem. Is there any other way for me to fix this, and do you think it's possible for Oculus to fix this in an update?

I have a Lenovo Legion Y720 laptop with an i7-7700HQ, a GTX 1060 6gb and 16 gbs of RAM, running on the PTC with the latest version of Windows 10 and all drivers updated if that matters.

Comments

• sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    Have you tried lowering the volume to lets say 10% and seeing if the issue still reproduces?
  • LiamS2005LiamS2005 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I've lowered the audio to about 25%, and it does seem like its alot less frequent now, but it still does happen sometimes. I think lowering it more than this would be too quiet, but it is more bearable now.
  • sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    Ok... In that case I would try some solution which would give more power to the HMD... Such as externally powered usb hub... Connecting to USB-C port might do the trick also - if you got an adapter laying somewhere.