New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

1235»

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,145
    Wintermute
    nalex66 said:
    Richooal said:
    @ Oculus forum bosses.

Please reinstate the "sticky" feature on this thread. Lots of your valued users find the public release note thread to be important. We are not all in the PTC.
    This thread should remain as a "sticky" until the next public release of 1.40
    Thank you.
    Fair enough, I agree that the current mainstream release thread should remain pinned until the next release. Done. 

Thank you @nalex66 for the quick response and fix.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 119 Oculus Staff
    One thing I am trying to avoid is having a huge wall of pinned posts on the front page. Right now, non-pinned posts on the front page are barely above the fold on my monitor as we have 7 pinned posts. As a compromise, would you be okay with having the latest stable release notes pinned just within the Rift S / Rift category and then either the latest PTC or stable (whichever is newer) pinned on the front page? I'd like to utilize the category pages more if possible.

Also want to call out that we have a static support article with the latest stable build release notes here if the goal is just to have a quick point to reference the notes.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,880 Volunteer Moderator
    ...As a compromise, would you be okay with having the latest stable release notes pinned just within the Rift S / Rift category and then either the latest PTC or stable (whichever is newer) pinned on the front page?
    That sounds reasonable.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,376
    Project 2501
    Why not close these old update threads?  Just asking.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    Have to agree there.  They have no use after the version is out.