Oculus Rift S Software setup issue — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift S Software setup issue

Ehahn02Ehahn02 Posts: 1
NerveGear
So this is my first time ever getting a VR headset, and my first time posting on the forums. So I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'm pretty desperate.

I downloaded the Oculus Rift S software and ran it, it told me that I needed to get 2 windows updates that I didn't have. I did have them, but after downloading them again and restarting it now prompts me with "Upgrade Required     Oculus Setup requires a 64-bit version of either Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10. To continue, please upgrade Windows." Thing is I have a genuine version of Windows 7, with the SP1 package installed. I've looked everywhere but all of the posts are from 2017. I've tried pretty much everything, running it in administrator, disabling antiviruses, running it from commandprompt and Windows run with /bypassHotfixCheck on the end, and NOTHING has worked. I just want to play VR, but I've been trying to fix this for an hour now and nothing is working... Anyone have any help?

Sreenshots are included.

Oh yeah, I have installed all of the updates for Windows 7, except the language ones.

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,594 Valuable Player
    You would probably have better luck all around with the Rift if you went ahead and updated to Windows 10.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    edited July 23
    Have installed .Net ReDistributions and related stuff... Don't even know if that could cause that particular issue, but worth the shot I guess...

When I bought Rift S not too long ago, I moved Rift CV1 to other computer which had exactly same windows than you have. Install went fine with the
    OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck
    It should work so is probably just missing something.

Also not sure if this is related (I didn't need to do this), but worth to read.

and after saying all the above things...
    ...it is good to know that Oculus Rift minimum requirements have changed and now they seem to mention only windows 10 as operating system which is supported.