Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 7.0 Release Notes - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 7.0 Release Notes

Comments

• brandonjmbrandonjm Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 25

This severely hinders developers until an update is pushed to fix this. An available fix appears to suggest that functionality which is intended to be part of the upcoming Go emulation features have been included in this update (for whatever reason) and are the root cause of the issue.

• JayembyJayemby Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 25
    brandonjm said:

This severely hinders developers until an update is pushed to fix this. An available fix appears to suggest that functionality which is intended to be part of the upcoming Go emulation features have been included in this update (for whatever reason) and are the root cause of the issue.

^^^
    I have also found this - really annoying that the controllers just stopped working this morning!

If you're using Unity, I, simply, fixed it with:
     Oculus > Tools > Remove AndroidManifest.xml
         "              "        Create store-compatible AndroidManifest.xml
    It will mean that your Package Name will show up instead of the Product Name in the Library menu, but it's a quick and dirty fix for the controllers without decompiling anything.
  • maiklohsemaiklohse Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Did a full reset of the headset, now it updated...
    But you lose all your game progress when you do that don't you?
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 395
    Trinity
    brandonjm said:

So...they're adding a feature that uses the Go's remote instead, or does it use a dot on screen, navigated by where you look, then use a volume button to accept the choice? I have a Go and tried the remote already, but couldn't pair it. I wonder if that's what they're going to implement.
  • livsonlivson Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    maiklohse said:
    Yes you will, but I did a factory reset and it didn't update. There is no tried and true method. People are just happening to try something around the time the update is pushing to their headset. Reddit is full of people saying one thing or another worked for them, and tons of people saying it didn't work for them. I've tried every recommended solution in last 24 hours with no results. Just be patient... Leave it sitting on a flat surface on standby plugged in. That's what oculus says to recieve updates. 
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 395
    Trinity
    maiklohse said:
    Yes, you also have to re-download all your apps. You might be able to save game progress by backing up the apps in SideQuest. I know it can back up apk's, but I'm not sure about the data with them. Or, I know you can open the Quest like a phone connected to a pc...maybe find the folders with the saved data, back that up, and try to paste back in after the factory reset.
  • vrCAVE_AdamvrCAVE_Adam Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Since the update, one of our engineering sample headsets is acting funky. it needed to be paired with the app again, the new calibrate screen was only in the left eye and the right eye was blank, and when we are running our UE4 project, we can only move one hand at a time. we uploaded a build onto a headset I have kept off WiFi for the past week and both hands worked fine on that headset, so I know its the update that did this. 
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,582 Volunteer Moderator
    Just trying out the new update... I really like the two-handed typing feature. I'm typing this in my Quest right now. Not as fast as a real keyboard, but not bad.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • vrCAVE_AdamvrCAVE_Adam Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Since the update, one of our engineering sample headsets is acting funky. it needed to be paired with the app again, the new calibrate screen was only in the left eye and the right eye was blank, and when we are running our UE4 project, we can only move one hand at a time. we uploaded a build onto a headset I have kept off WiFi for the past week and both hands worked fine on that headset, so I know its the update that did this. 
    Jayemby said:
    brandonjm said:

^^^
    I have also found this - really annoying that the controllers just stopped working this morning!

It will mean that your Package Name will show up instead of the Product Name in the Library menu, but it's a quick and dirty fix for the controllers without decompiling anything.
    found a solution for UE4 projects as well, adding a ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt to your [Projectname]\Build\Android folder with the tag <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1"/> inside restored our controllers tandem movement. 
  • liebergrazer1975liebergrazer1975 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    vinipoars said:
    Since todays update to latest Android on Samsung S9 Gear VR says visit http://support.oculus.com reinstalled already all Gear VR stuff. After the Update the Oculus was installed, since then it stopped working.
    Same here, unfortunately. 😕
    Solved it be all oculus apps do uninstall, reboot the mobile!
    Then plug it in than do the update, then again reboot the mobile
    NOW it works ... but the resolution seems higher on S9 for some reason, feature?
  • vittorio_davidvittorio_david Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I'm very angry  !
    Are we beta tester or  costumers? 

There are so many Bugs in the new update it's unbelievable!

-First minutes of use and I had the first crash of the device with annoying graphic errors. 

After reboot it was better but there are still graphic errors sometimes .

I tried to record it but the device can't read the file ...

-Some of the options of the Quest can only be clicked if I press bouth controllers.

-WiFi connection lost several times in rec room.

How is this possible ? 

I'm using the quest with the update 1 hour and found all this bugs ...

This is unbelievable 
  • DASFREAKDASFREAK Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    How do you turn the mic on and off?
  • brandonjmbrandonjm Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 25
    Jayemby said:
    brandonjm said:

^^^

I did not even know that tool existed, thats great. Thanks for that! I'm surprised that Unity doesn't automatically set that property when building the SDK with Oculus enabled in XR settings but at least Oculus do provide a workaround.
  • IranianDudeIranianDude Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Since the update, I cannot start any apps under "Uknown sources". None of my unity projects are working now all the sudden. 
  • IranianDudeIranianDude Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Since the update, I cannot start any apps under "Uknown sources". None of my unity projects are working now all the sudden. 
    And that's on the quest. Totally annoying. 
  • JSAVRJSAVR Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    I left my Quest on standby but also connected/paired my phone through the Oculus phone app (by enabling location on your phone) came back a few hours later and the new update 333700.2680.0. had deployed. 

I left my Quest on the other night (all night) but my phone wasn't connected and it didn't update so perhaps connecting the phone works, or it could just be coincidence but worth a try! 
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 182
    Art3mis
    JSAVR said:

I left my Quest on the other night (all night) but my phone wasn't connected and it didn't update so perhaps connecting the phone works, or it could just be coincidence but worth a try! 
    Coincidence I think... Left my Quest on standby all day whilst at work. Wasn’t paired to my phone as I had that with me. When I got home turned off headset, turned back on and update had been installed. 
  • PocketMikeyPocketMikey Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited July 26
    So I've been working on a couple of different projects in Unity which were working just fine and dandy as of yesterday. Overnight my headset automatically updated to this latest version, and BAM all my dev builds are now broken! Builds that I had already installed on the headset and not changed anything to whatsoever, they're no longer working. The main issue appears to be with the controllers--only one controller can be recognized at a time, and the buttons don't work. Also it appears Unity can no longer push any new builds to the headset.

I see others are having the same issue. Oculus Devs--how can I roll back my headset so that I can get my builds working again? I literally came to the office today to show a new demo to my boss and now everything is broken, so thanks a lot for that.

And also, how can we be assured that something like this won't happen again? Can we trust that developing for the Quest won't put us at risk of waking up another morning and having all our projects be broken??
  • PocketMikeyPocketMikey Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited July 26
    Jayemby said:
    brandonjm said:

^^^

I was able to follow these steps, unfortunately it still isn't working for me :(
  • LocalloadieLocalloadie Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I keep getting "Oculus App Runtime has closed unexpectedly"  The regular browser graphics are all blurred up (for the minute it runs before crashing) and Samsung vr Browser crashes when trying to play videos on it full screen.

Tried uninstalling Gear VR and Oculus and reinstalling after a reboot.  Same problem persists.  I'm using an S7
  • bneidermanbneiderman Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    If I go to my Guardians settings page I see nothing on newest 7.0 firmware. It is blank. Do I have to reboot or something?
  • OP3NGLOP3NGL Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    updating to 0.7 wiped clean my quest.. all my savedata are all gone!
  • KiritoAsunaYuiKiritoAsunaYui Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    So I recently updated to the newest firmware and noticed some things: Games/Experiences in the ‘Unknown Sources’ section have a low FOV and it’s like you’re looking through a box a little smaller than what we have. Also, I’ve been building a small game for myself and it keeps on crashing every time I load it up, and it has worked good before I updated. Other than that, i think this update it pretty good and I think we should all stop bashing Oculus because they are trying hard at this stuff... 
  • WarpBubbleWarpBubble Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Right controller mostly unusable after this update. Working on the main menu bar, but failing on the left panel under Library and during guardian creation. Seems to work for 2 handed typing but regularly getting double characters. In Pavlov the right arm vanishes when I release any button. This update has made my quest unusable! Wish I could just rollback.
  • residentconkerresidentconker Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    My right controller has become completely useless the same day that this update came through. It no longer points at the main menus. With only have a white pointer line but i cannot click anything anymore. Left controller works perfectly fine still.  Everything worked great with my quest until this update came through. Even after a factory reset it still has the same issue. I have only had the thing for 3 days
  • victor.delmastro.5victor.delmastro.5 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I have to frequently restart my Quest after exiting an app/game since I can't successfully open/enter a subsequent app/game after exiting the previous one. How about a fix for that?
  • JerviJervi Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    After this update right controller (full charged) often is unusable. It remains stuck. Some crash in Robo Recall.
  • PurplexGDPurplexGD Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Really hope they add a Software tab in Settings so I'm not frantically checking if I got the update yet. 
  • Spikeyboy2222Spikeyboy2222 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 27
    I fixed it
  • kevinwarhaftkevinwarhaft Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    just updated to 7.0 on my oculus go wondering whats next in the update after this one