New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can anyone with the new 1.39 rollout report that their rift s is working after installing

inovatorinovator Posts: 2,235 Valuable Player
There is another thread with only complaints.I heard u should have windows update 1903 before you update. I wonder if those having the problems did the Windows update 1903 first

Comments

• Stevenugent83Stevenugent83 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    Mine works fine, I had 1903 installed first (as they recommended)
  • VortimousVortimous Posts: 64
    Brain Burst
    What about all of us that had it working before windows 1903 and now it wont work at all...  when will the fix be here for that...  I have had a black screen for over a week now since it wont even turn on due to that update... (and of course the USB saying they need updateing bug as well...  that started with the update too...)
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,235 Valuable Player
    Vortimous said:
    What about all of us that had it working before windows 1903 and now it wont work at all...  when will the fix be here for that...  I have had a black screen for over a week now since it wont even turn on due to that update... (and of course the USB saying they need updateing bug as well...  that started with the update too...)
    With me orange USB started before 1.39 and for many others as well. I'm still waiting for my 1.39 update. 
  • FangzhouFangzhou Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    I am using Rift S with win10 1903 and updated to latest Nvidia driver. Facing two problems after 1.39PTC second update: 
    1. Microphone noise, my voice become random noise. This happens very frequently after 1.39PTC, once it happen I have to restart my computer, sometimes the problem will just be fixed for temporary until next time I start my computer. 
    (I play VRChat, this problem is a deal breaker, but after 1-month period I cannot return Rift S already. Plan to buy Index to get rid of this. )
    2. Controller drifting, sometimes controller just drifting even when it is in normal position, not near to headset or out of tracking range. This happens 3-4 times every day. For me it's fine since I just play VRChat a lot, but for those who play FPS games, this could be annoying. 
    3. USB Warning. It does not affect anything but it will just warn you as if all the problems are because of your own problem. (And if you click the "?" on the warning message, it will open a page says your computer does not meet minimum requirements and "we won’t be held responsible if it doesn’t work on your computer.", lol)

Funny that the first 1.39PTC version does not has these bugs and controller tracking improvement is significant. The second follow up update did not fix existing bugs, and brings above new bugs, controller tracking improvement is better than 1.38 but not as good as first version of 1.39. I really want to go back to the previous version of 1.39PTC..
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    edited July 2019
    So they still need to fix the tracking on this headset for FPS? Just when everyone was praising them for fixing the tracking they go and break it again. I would really like to know when this headset is going to be fully fixed. Anyways, there's a rollout 1.39 sticky thread, so it might be best if you post in that thread if you want Oculus to see the problems you have with the 1.39 update.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,220 Valuable Player
    edited July 2019
    No problem with tracking on my end and 1.39 release and Rift S.
    I also do have Windows 1903.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |