New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I beat up oculus plenty but now, Oculus compliment time.

inovatorinovator Posts: 2,235 Valuable Player
Yup I had my share of gripes but I have to say after receiving the 1.39 firmware my tracking was amazing. In Pavlov I never had better tracking. I never could get the cv1 quite right. I'm sure the tracking is not flawless  but tonight with 2 hours play I noticed no tracking misteps. I'm 100% sure outside sensors will disappear in the near. The only issue for me are the occasional flashes. I'm loving my rift s now. For me it will be 100% when I don't get flashes and if Oculus comes up with a great audio solution. I played other games and the tracking was spot on. Oculus keep on going with those improvements.

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,575 Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2019
    I'm pretty much the same, just waiting for that white flash fix.

I didn't have controller tracking issues before 1.39 but it's possible that could be down to the different types of games we play. Generally pretty happy overall but agree that good quality headphone accessories would be a bonus for many people!
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,992 Valuable Player
    edited July 2019
    According to some people the tracking isn't working as good as it was. Some people are talking about drift and not being able to keep their scope still at longer distances in Onward. Saw one guy who plays in a league saying it has ruined his aim again because of the drifting around targets.

Controller drifting, sometimes controller just drifting even when it is in normal position, not near to headset or out of tracking range. This happens 3-4 times every day. For me it's fine since I just play VRChat a lot, but for those who play FPS games, this could be annoying. 
    With first 1.39 version my tracking was amazing in Onward. But with the last update “v1.39 and something” the tracking it is awful. 
    There is a drift when I try to sight, so precise aiming for far targets is weird and difficult. 

Please go back to the tracking settings you made with the very first 1.39 release, I need good tracking we are starting the Onward tournament VRML.... 

@RedRizla are you experiencing tracking issues? and has that changed since 1.39?

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,992 Valuable Player
    edited July 2019
    @DaftnDirect - No because I have the CV1, I sent Rift S back due to it's tracking problems. Just pointing out that some people are still having tracking problems. 

I was looking to maybe pick up Rift S, but only when I see that the tracking is fully fixed along with the other problems.
    edited July 2019
    RedRizla said:
    @DaftnDirect - No because I have the CV1, I sent Rift S back due to it's tracking problems. Just pointing out that some people are still having tracking problems. 

I was maybe looking to pick up Rift S, but only when I see that tracking is fully fixed.

Fair enough. All I can advise is that I haven't noticed any tracking issues and certainly no problems after the last 1.39 release. The scoped weapons in Fallout are pretty flawless and at some point I'll give Onwards a try.

The only issue I've ever had relating to tracking is what may have been an over-aggressive aim steadying thing whereby there were small stutters when you move the controllers really slowly (somebody posted a thread on it), that doesn't happen anymore.