Rift S message "No headset audio" — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S message "No headset audio"

clemencaclemenca Posts: 28
Brain Burst
Since 1.39 i get this stupid message that i have no Rift S headset audio set as default audio device. This is because i use my own and way better headset then this lousy Rift S headset. Oculus close one bug (usb message) and opens another one... tzzz...

Comments

• Jonny-YarkoJonny-Yarko Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Yep, that happened to me.

Mine seemed to fix itself after i turned off my computer and returned from work.
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    I get this message even when I enable the Rift S headphones and get sound coming from them!
    I just ignore it
  • pedronerypedronery Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    well i have this happening to me, the audio works fine, but this shouldn't be hapenning.

CASE: Coolmaster CM Storm STRYKER.... MOBO: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77: INTEL Z68 Chipset.... CPU: INTEL CORE i5 3570K (3.4GHZ).. RAM: 32GB  Graphics Cards: MSI NVIDIA GTX 980 4 GB HDD: HDD: SSD Samsung 2.5“ 840 250GB PSU: Corsair HX 750.. OS: Windows 10 64bit... Monitor: Benq XL 2720z (1920 x 1080) Game Controller: Thrustmaster T300rs Oculus Rift
  • blanesblanes Posts: 1,089
    3Jane
    This also just started happening with mine after 2 days brand new.  Audio is working fine so makes no sense.

More annoying is having to setup my play area multiple times. 
    Why does the system not save and remember it is already setup !!?? 

This sort of bug should not happen after such a tine since release.
  • syphen606syphen606 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same issue here. 1.42 PTC.  Even if I roll back, After launching Oculus software once or twice I get the red "No Headset Audio" alert at some point. Meanwhile the audio is actually working through the headset and 3.5mm headphone jack on the headset, no problem.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,701 Valuable Player
    Yep same here, have had it for a while now - irritating.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • blanesblanes Posts: 1,089
    3Jane
    Mine is fixed and I cannot confirm absolutely but seems that by selecting the Audio as Windows default and playing some music then changing it back to Rift S and rebooting has sorted it out.