cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OCULUS UPDATES BREAKS SOFTWARE!

Nynapi
Explorer
Since newest Update many people have problem starting the software with an "Can't reach oculus service" Error. No fix yet. No support answer yet?!
93 REPLIES 93

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree, same here.

Nynapi
Explorer
IT IS NOT USER PROBLEM, LOOK EVERYWHERE PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE. OCULUS ANSWER?

Nynapi
Explorer
After update the Software is not starting with "Can't reach Oculus Service" Error. Many users have this everywhere and no comment from Oculus? Where is the fix?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've merged these two topics. Please don't make multiple identical threads in different categories, it clutters up the Home page.

It sounds like you might be using Windows 7? The new update seems to have broken compatibility with W7. Whether or not this is intended, the Rift product page has listed Windows 10 as the minimum requirement for a while now, so if you haven't done so, you might want to consider upgrading to 10.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Xmaple
Explorer
Does that means Oculus is now unusable with Windows 7 ? I hope they will still makes a legacy Oculus App. I can't work anymore...

Nynapi
Explorer

nalex66 said:

I've merged these two topics. Please don't make multiple identical threads in different categories, it clutters up the Home page.

It sounds like you might be using Windows 7? The new update seems to have broken compatibility with W7. Whether or not this is intended, the Rift product page has listed Windows 10 as the minimum requirement for a while now, so if you haven't done so, you might want to consider upgrading to 10.

I WAS PLAY FINE 20H AGO! THIS UPDATE IS DUMB. WHERE IS FIX? You can not break software with patch and say LOL go upgrade! It work before! No warning nothing! No option for say no.

Also when I buy CV1 it says windows 7 sp 2 in specs, I have site cached from purchase date. You can not just change behind back and break my hardware! This is not lawful! This is not ethical!

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
How many accounts are you going to make to scream about this?
Win 7 is obsolete go yell on Microsofts forums.
WAAAGH!

Nynapi
Explorer
WHY NO FIX STILL?

Digikid1
Consultant
I suggest that you get a new keyboard as well.  Your caps lock seems to be on all the time.  Quite rude.