Okay, let's assume that you've won £100m on the Euromillions or US Lottery. What will you do with the cash?
I'd do the following:
1) Find a horse the next day that's 100/1 and stick my £100m on the nose to win
2) With my £10bn I'll do the following:
- Buy a load of property (a house in the country, a house by the seaside, a house in London and a house in Ireland)
- Buy 100 Bitcoins
- Buy a horsie and name him Giggsy
- Buy a few racehorses
- Invest around £1bn in VR developers (or maybe £1m if I don't decide to make that bet above), and pay someone to finish my game for me
- Forget about my friends and family cos they're all bloody gold-diggers, same with all of you lot too
- Give a fair bit to cancer research and diabetes research, £1bn each (or £1m if I don't make that bet)
Now some of you may think I've lost my marbles with number 1) above but think about it. You've won the lottery at odds of around 15,000,000/1. Your luck is running, so odds of 100/1 is NOTHING.
I should have a good amount left over (depending on how good or bad my racehorses are) and I'll just live on the interest and treat myself to something nice every now and then.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."
Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever