New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is the Oculus Quest worth it rn?

SiirtolaSiirtola Posts: 2
NerveGear
I'm wondering if the quest is really worth it atm; some people say it's the future for gaming, but I've also heard negative things. I want to be able to play steamVR games on it, like fallout 4 and I've heard there are some good programs for that, like riftcat for example. So is it an overall god product and can u play steamVR games smoothly on it?

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,942 Volunteer Moderator
    Playing PCVR titles is not an official feature, and does not work flawlessly or without the potential for future incompatibility. The Quest is a great headset for its intended use with apps from its own store, but if your main purpose is playing PCVR, you’d be better off with a Rift S. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • SiirtolaSiirtola Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    Playing PCVR titles is not an official feature, and does not work flawlessly or without the potential for future incompatibility. The Quest is a great headset for its intended use with apps from its own store, but if your main purpose is playing PCVR, you’d be better off with a Rift S. 
    Hmm, ok... guess imma see how it is in the future then, thanks alot :)