New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is the Oculus Quest worth it rn?

I'm wondering if the quest is really worth it atm; some people say it's the future for gaming, but I've also heard negative things. I want to be able to play steamVR games on it, like fallout 4 and I've heard there are some good programs for that, like riftcat for example. So is it an overall god product and can u play steamVR games smoothly on it?

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,257 Volunteer Moderator
    Playing PCVR titles is not an official feature, and does not work flawlessly or without the potential for future incompatibility. The Quest is a great headset for its intended use with apps from its own store, but if your main purpose is playing PCVR, you’d be better off with a Rift S. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • SiirtolaSiirtola Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    Playing PCVR titles is not an official feature, and does not work flawlessly or without the potential for future incompatibility. The Quest is a great headset for its intended use with apps from its own store, but if your main purpose is playing PCVR, you’d be better off with a Rift S. 
    Hmm, ok... guess imma see how it is in the future then, thanks alot :)