cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S DisplayPort Failure to connect

omani22
Sightseer
So I purchased HDMI to DisplayPort. Tried to connect it. It connects. After I press continue it disconnects. I reset everything and still no connection. I returned that, then purchased MULTIPLE (Around 12) USB-C -DisplayPort Cables. Does not recognize the adapter at all for any of them... I currently have PPA 3.1 USB- C To Displayport adapter, CableCreation USB-C to DisplayPort, Cable Matters USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible, and USB-C to 8K DisplayPort Adapter in Aluminum Housing. Please assist me. I've been searching for 2 weeks and ive been wanting to play this the day i got it. My laptop is a G7 Dell Gaming Laptop and is 99% Compatibly with running the Oculus Rift S. Only problem is finding something that connects the Displayport to HDMI/USB-C....
1 REPLY 1

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Make sure that you have thunderbolt enabled from computer bios (usually under acpi settings)...
Unfortunately some laptops may have also the usb-c port wired to internal graphics and if that is the case - it won't work either. Rift requires direct connection to discrete graphics card.