cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking loss

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
Hi,
I've got some tracking issues with the headset. The display turns occasionnally to black for a second and then guardian boundaries appear. it's very short, maybe 2 sec all in all. I used to have tracking loss before the last update, but less often and I returned to the home. Now it's more often and BoxVR is concerned, which one was running fine before. I tried to change lighting, factory reset... Nothing help.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080
9 REPLIES 9

dodob19
Honored Guest
Happened to me a couple of times in Beat Saber today in about 2 hours of play: screen goes black for 1-2 seconds. Game came back and I didn't seem to have missed any beats/notes/boxes. Didn't see the guardian pop up.

cmundy79
Explorer
It’s a known issue with the CV1. The latest update broke tracking. I confirmed this by opening a support ticket with oculus. They’re looking into it but don’t have an eta.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That explains why I keep getting booted back to home

VCRRepairman
Protege

cmundy79 said:

It’s a known issue with the CV1. The latest update broke tracking. I confirmed this by opening a support ticket with oculus. They’re looking into it but don’t have an eta.

The OP isn't talking about the Rift. They're talking about the Quest. I had this problem too until I had to do a factory reset. Did you sideload anything? I wonder if some apps have memory leaks or something that the OS can't handle. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@VCRRepairman update 7 is based off the rift s update as it fixes rift s, go, and quest tracking too. If the rift s is having issues so will the others because its the same code. The rift s uses the same tracking inside out.

JohanTEAswe
Expert Protege
I have the same issue as well, version 333700.3780.0 installed. The black flip to guardian and back happens about once each 20 minutes or so for me.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
Support asked me to decrease the Guardian sensitivity in settings. Doesn't matter what I set, black screen again. Very few since the factory reset, but the issue is not solved so far.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

JohanTEAswe
Expert Protege
My tracking also drifts/moves quite a bit. See here, quite noticeable at 15s in. https://youtu.be/KQB4Uf1GoGs

In my opinion the guardian boundary should stay fixed where I marked it, but it doesn't.
Do you guys experience this as well?

Yobiwan29
Adventurer

cmundy79 said:

The OP isn't talking about the Rift. They're talking about the Quest. I had this problem too until I had to do a factory reset. Did you sideload anything? I wonder if some apps have memory leaks or something that the OS can't handle. 

Nothing sideloaded here.