Oculus Go newly purchased today does not work — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Go newly purchased today does not work

chris.hobby.71chris.hobby.71 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Today I collected my Oculus Go from Argos where I live.  I had established the headset was compatible with my iMac 10.10.5 and that I would be able to upload my home videos from my iMac to the headset.  Ho Hum, no it does not work.  The screen comes on with instructions to connect to an iPhone whereas I had downloaded the Oculus Go file for an iMac.  All that appears when i activate the download from Oculus is a screen showing anything that is on my iMac hard drive, but the screen is empty and nothing responds.  I just complained to Argos who have refused to refund my money because I had taken the fucking thing out of its fucking box. I will never buy in to new technology again after this gross waste of £250.00

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,147
    Wintermute
    I don't have a mac but I thought you need to download an android app onto your mac before you can transfer files from your go.  Maybe have a look here;

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-load-movies-your-oculus-go

Good luck!

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

• OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 491
    Trinity
    edited August 9
    Today I collected my Oculus Go from Argos where I live.  I had established the headset was compatible with my iMac 10.10.5 and that I would be able to upload my home videos from my iMac to the headset.  Ho Hum, no it does not work.  The screen comes on with instructions to connect to an iPhone whereas I had downloaded the Oculus Go file for an iMac.  All that appears when i activate the download from Oculus is a screen showing anything that is on my iMac hard drive, but the screen is empty and nothing responds.  I just complained to Argos who have refused to refund my money because I had taken the fucking thing out of its fucking box. I will never buy in to new technology again after this gross waste of £250.00
    Nope, Argos cannot refuse to take any item back because it has been taken out of its box, UK warrenty means you can walk and tell them you don't like the colour and wish to return it if you so wished.................if you are still having issues ask to the see manager, but they can't refuse a refund, and if they continue to do so then contact your local trading standards.