Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes

Comments

• RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 150
    Art3mis
    Thankyou. All is working fine, no error notices AFTER a reboot.
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 271
    Nexus 6
    edited August 7
    Excellent news. looking forward to getting home from work tonight and getting this baby installed.

I'll have a ton of boxes to open, so it will be nice to clear that lot up. 
    Would be ace if it was like @Wildt suggests and they shoot out all over hy home, and I have to go around "popping" them all :-)

Thank you Oculus Devs.
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
    Art3mis
    10 mins of joy. Now repeatedly wants me to reset Guardian settings. I DO NOT play games with my RiftS just Sims. I do not need Guardian. Cant turn it off. Repeatedly getting cant track your headset warning. What the hell Guys, whats wrong with testing your bug fixes BEFORE posting them. If you had you would have seen that the fix for the USB warning broke something else. The headset tracking warning is even coming up in game , Asseto corsa ETS2 ATS etc. At least the usb warning stayed in the menu. You want to come down to a corner at 180mph and get that come up in your windscreen view?
    So where are we now, constantly getting guardian warnings and tracking warnings now in game. Fanboys will probably say I`m the only one this is happening to, if it is I apologise for my rant now, but I suspect I`m not alone in getting fed up with this constant stream of problems. I know it`s new tech and I`ve had Oculus since DK1 but it now is beyond a joke.
    Rant over.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,698 Valuable Player
    edited August 7
    10 mins of joy. Now repeatedly wants me to reset Guardian settings. I DO NOT play games with my RiftS just Sims. I do not need Guardian. Cant turn it off. Repeatedly getting cant track your headset warning. What the hell Guys, whats wrong with testing your bug fixes BEFORE posting them. If you had you would have seen that the fix for the USB warning broke something else. The headset tracking warning is even coming up in game , Asseto corsa ETS2 ATS etc. At least the usb warning stayed in the menu. You want to come down to a corner at 180mph and get that come up in your windscreen view?
    So where are we now, constantly getting guardian warnings and tracking warnings now in game. Fanboys will probably say I`m the only one this is happening to, if it is I apologise for my rant now, but I suspect I`m not alone in getting fed up with this constant stream of problems. I know it`s new tech and I`ve had Oculus since DK1 but it now is beyond a joke.
    Rant over.
    Well this is the PTC ( Public Testing Channel) which apparently you selected to participate in.
    Oculus has already acknowledged the tracking warning issue and is working on a fix ASAP ( posted earlier in the thread).
    In the PTC chances are certainly higher one will run across bugs, which is kind of the purpose of the PTC.
    You can roll back to the 1.39 Release version by deselecting PTC.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • OversizeWizardOversizeWizard Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    How do I get the update. I'm have terrible tracking issues.
    Downloaded oculus setup and it installed the 1.39 again! Lol
    When I remove head unit for a break, go back to use it and the controllers are either stuck in place or the head unit don't come on.
    Have to unplug USB and replug

Is there a link or way to force uodate
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 913
    3Jane
    When I remove head unit for a break, go back to use it and the controllers are either stuck in place or the head unit don't come on.

Go to Settings - Beta and then select Public Test Channel
    That will then start the download and ask you to update when finished.
    Do remember that it is a Beta channel and the rough edges heven't been knocked off in every case :)  If you do have issues use the feedback option and tell about it, it helps all of us in the end :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
    Art3mis

In settings/ Beta, click the Public test channel to on (blue). An update should then start to 1.40
  • cmundy79cmundy79 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Resolved the fast movement issue with my Rift CV1.
  • EmolaTEmolaT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited August 7
    Downloading as we speak :smiley: yay to the USB fix
    I'm new here. Please advise, how do I download/force update from 1.39 to 1.40?

EDIT: Found it! :smiley:

NerveGear
    Installed the latest now. 
    Tracking much much better.  No freezing light sabers in beatsaber at the mo.  Used to happen withing minutes of turning PC on.

Plus when I remove headset and put back on, it all comes on fine now.  No more unplugging USB again.

Thanks for update
  • JayDeeVAJayDeeVA Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    CV1 tracking issues are fixed for me also.
  • Lethal_AimsLethal_Aims Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    Is the Rift S grip lag bug on the to-do list or will this require a hardware fix?
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/700368
  • Hero_CardenasHero_Cardenas Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    EmolaT said:

HOW???? its not showing the update

NerveGear
    Used it this afternoon and it seemed great.

Put the headset down for an hour and went back to it and the controllers were frozen and the Guardian came up and thought the floor was at headset level.

Unplug USB and replug back in and worked again.
    Will test more tomorrow
  • SatconcookSatconcook Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I did a reboot and still do not see the "Collect All", something that I have wished for some time. Also, I love the new store layout. Loads so much quicker and easier to "Browse All". However, when playing a video, it has a weird positional audio that seems out of place and very fine edge for center. 
  • EmolaTEmolaT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    EmolaT said:

HOW???? its not showing the update

You have to opt in for the PTC (Public Test Channel) in the "BETA" Section in settings in the Oculus app in Windows. It started immediately when I enabled.
  • DownluckDownluck Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Nice update despite it stills with the Robot/Metallic microphone (Rift S) and getting "Headset cannot be tracked" notification. No problems here besides these.
  • VCRRepairmanVCRRepairman Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I am going to roll back to 1.39 and see if it's really a problem but on the Rift S the triggers don't appear to work properly. Throwing in Sairento is very difficult and sometimes they appear to stick in my hands. It's the same story with serving a tennis ball.
    NerveGear
    I forgot to mention the multiple right touch bug appears to be back too.
    NerveGear
    I am going to roll back to 1.39 and see if it's really a problem but on the Rift S the triggers don't appear to work properly. Throwing in Sairento is very difficult and sometimes they appear to stick in my hands. It's the same story with serving a tennis ball.
    So it's definitely 1.40 causing the throwing issues. Rolling back to 1.39 fixed my problems. 
  • JohnGBJohnGB Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Also getting "Headset cannot be tracked" notification, multiple right touch bug, and Rift S the triggers don't appear to work properly Throwing  is very difficult and sometimes things appear to stick briefly  in my hands when trigger is released.
  • Kanon_di_GeminiKanon_di_Gemini Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    I am getting a message " Something went wrong and your  device can not track the movement of the headset".
    However tracking seems fine, so not sure why I am getting that message.
    It pops up in the headset when I put it on, and remains in the Notification area.

Same message to me
    NerveGear
    JohnGB said:
    Also getting "Headset cannot be tracked" notification, multiple right touch bug, and Rift S the triggers don't appear to work properly Throwing  is very difficult and sometimes things appear to stick briefly  in my hands when trigger is released.
    Make sure you please report this through help -> provide feedback. Otherwise it will be a huge problem as it's hard to rollback on the main production branch release. 
  • anivaidoanivaido Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited August 8

Same message to me
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 913
    3Jane
    edited August 8
    dburne said:
    I am getting a message " Something went wrong and your  device can not track the movement of the headset".
    However tracking seems fine, so not sure why I am getting that message.
    It pops up in the headset when I put it on, and remains in the Notification area.
    Thanks for reporting. This is a known issue that we're working on resolving asap. It should not affect functionality. I'll see if we can get the release notes updated to call this out.
    Just dragging this here for those who 'drop in' without going through every post :)

Ref: Headset cannot be tracked

PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • Chips4hoyChips4hoy Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Dear Oculus Devs, 
    URGENT:  I'm not sure about others, but my headset is always "losing" my guardian space and that I have to re-make my guardian / walls almost every other time that I put on my headset!  

- Please bring back the "center arrow"!! In the mean time i had to resort to my own measure to remind me which way is forward within my boundaries.  lol

- Even after 1.40 I am still encountering instances where my game loses tracking of my controllers and results in my games or experiences unplayable, at least until i restart my oculus (or in worse cases restart my PC because the oculus software won't restart).

I gotta go back to 1.39 and opt out of beta because these issues constantly occuring have become a nuisance. 
  • DanTheManVRDanTheManVR Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Rift S here, I believe this has been reported by others but wanted to chime in and say my grip is incredibly delayed, to the point where throwing anything in the Oculus Home environment is futile. I've reported via the usual Feedback mechanism.

One day....one day I'd like to put on my Rift S....and actually play a game without fundamental problems with the headset.
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 450
    Trinity
    @Chips4hoy ; that seems like an Oculus Support worthy issue (or at the least a Feedback form - both options allow you to submit logs which is what Oculus probably needs to fix it).  I hope they can resolve it.
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale