New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes

Comments

• ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 452
    Trinity
    edited August 11

TomCgcmfc said:
    New Patch, new problems:

- " Something went wrong and your  device can not track the movement of the headset" <--- every time i put it on
    - Mic still goes off after around 20-30 and works only if i replugin (means end games every 20-30 minutes...as a streamer the dumbest idea)
    - If i put my headset off cause i want to go to toilet or whatever which reason and put it on again, i have to set the guardian zone again

Rift S my first VR and thx Oculus that u give me a bad experience with VR...only problems since day 1, no reaction from support, one driver after another just make it more worse....
    New Patch, new problems:

- " Something went wrong and your  device can not track the movement of the headset" <--- every time i put it on
    - Mic still goes off after around 20-30 and works only if i replugin (means end games every 20-30 minutes...as a streamer the dumbest idea)
    - If i put my headset off cause i want to go to toilet or whatever which reason and put it on again, i have to set the guardian zone again

Rift S my first VR and thx Oculus that u give me a bad experience with VR...only problems since day 1, no reaction from support, one driver after another just make it more worse....
    Maybe start a suppot ticket.
    10/10 answer
    I mean, that's why this is a BETA channel.
    Have an issue? Then opt out of the beta 1.40 patch and report to Oculus the issue via the Feedback tool.

I'm getting the reset of guardian and the "can't track" notification (even though tracking is just fine). I sent a Feedback form for the issues.
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    Still the Release Channel has problems with fast tracking and USB update error and this is the Release Channel.
  • ShiroiSakuraVRShiroiSakuraVR Posts: 17
    NerveGear

TomCgcmfc said:
    New Patch, new problems:

New Patch, new problems:

Maybe start a suppot ticket.
    10/10 answer
    I mean, that's why this is a BETA channel.
    Have an issue? Then opt out of the beta 1.40 patch and report to Oculus the issue via the Feedback tool.

I'm getting the reset of guardian and the "can't track" notification (even though tracking is just fine). I sent a Feedback form for the issues.
    i have this Mic problem since i have the Oculus Rift S, doesnt matter if iam using the Official Version or the PTR Version and i report it every time...0 response nothing. 
  • OrkelOrkel Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    edited August 12
    Issues I've noticed in this beta:
    -"Can't track headset" every time it's used.
    -Guardian resets or fails to recognize area almost every time it's used.
    -This bug has existed since the release of Rift S and is still unfixed: the microphone turns into a very staticy/robotic voice at random times when playing multiplayer games (for example VRchat), for approximately 1-2 seconds before going back normal. Friend has it even worse, where the mic becomes like that permanently, requiring Oculus software restart. It is only noticeable when others hear you speak in multiplayer games, you can't notice it yourself at all. It's like a microphone version of the static flash bug.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    Still the Release Channel has problems with fast tracking and USB update error and this is the Release Channel.
    No.  This is the PUBLIC BETA CHANNEL.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,383
    Project 2501

The Feedback option is not intended to help you fix problems, just report them.  You will never get a response in the Feedback forum from Oculus.  If enough persons report (vote) on the same issue I'm sure it will work its way into future updates.

If you have been having problems then you should start a ticket with Oculus Support and work with them to help resolve it.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

Art3mis
    edited August 12
    Digikid1 said:
    No.  This is the PUBLIC BETA CHANNEL.
    1.39 and 1.39.1 are PUBLIC BETA CHANNEL ? both have the same problem.  The Oculus will never be mainstream with all these problems just to play game it's just to much of a hassle.  I stand by what I said the Rift S OS has never been without a problem and most make the headset unusable  this only includes the Release Channel.
    Project 2501
    1.39.1 is currently the only final release version.  You will currently get this when you run a repair or reinstall. 

John Z, not everyone is having as many problems as you are.  Complaining about it non-stop is not going to fix anything (remember Mac , lol!).  Start a ticket with Oculus Support and work with them.  At the end of the day you might find that you have a faulty unit.  Good luck mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

Project 2501
    John, I feel bad for you mate.  Hopefully this will get sorted out eventually.  I guess in the meantime you can use Revive to use most of your Oculus Store games on your Vive (and maybe WMR?).

• Yk_SVAYk_SVA Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Это не изделие - это говно! 2 дня 25 раз под столом чтобы включить выключить DP & USB 3.0. Ни бета ни релиз не работают ни хрена...
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 151
    Art3mis
    Yk_SVA said:
    Это не изделие - это говно! 2 дня 25 раз под столом чтобы включить выключить DP & USB 3.0. Ни бета ни релиз не работают ни хрена...
    Pardon???
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 918
    3Jane
    edited August 13
    Yk_SVA said:
    Translated:
    This is not a product - this is shit! 2 days 25 times under the table to turn on turn off DP & USB 3.0. Neither beta nor release does not work a damn ...

Вы пробовали PTC или используете версию программного обеспечения 1.39.1?

Какую версию Windows вы используете?

PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
    NerveGear

win 10 home 1903,5.0819 ,  v1.39.... beta, last update:
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,720 Valuable Player

I know the deal I owned 2 Rift CV1 which were problems due not purchasing a Inateck USB card for the most part everything worked after purchasing the USB card. I never encountered  so many problems with a headset. I opened tickets for the white static screen and had the unit replaced and send back to me with the same problem 3 hours of my time wasted nothing was solved received the new Rift-s open another ticket because of the white static on the new headset I was send a cable which did nothing. Second problem multi-monitor on my PC blank screen on the Rift-s  headset never happen with CV1 and a user on the forum told my to disable one monitor (solved the problem) tracking on the unit is hit or miss depending on the update I don't have a faculty unit I borrowed my friends unit and I had the same problems. My Vive works fine my two Samsung Odyssey work . Complaining I own over 70 Oculus Rift games from the store which I can't use and I have a headset which I like but is a hassle to get working and it should be plug N play.

All I know is I worked in Q/A electronics and entertainment  for good part of 40 years of  my employment and if I gave the OK for product in this shape I would been fired.

That may have been me, yes I will get black screen in headset unless I disable my secondary monitor before putting on the Rift S. I was thinking I was about the only one with this issue and beginning to wonder if it could be my power supply or something. In any event as long as I disable that monitor I never get a black screen, and really is the only issue I am having now. It would be nice to be able to not have to disable it,  but not a big deal for me to do so.

If you are on the 1.40 PTC you certainly should not be seeing those white static flashes.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Art3mis

And Thank you for your advice regarding the multi-monitor

Yes the static white flashes are solved the monitor problem is not a power supply I have a 1600 Watt PS in my rig. I currently using 1.39.1 now the two problems are the false USB warning and fast tracking what I'm stating is with the Release Channel we have not solved the current problems but the PTC channel has these two problems solved but has new problems that weren't there before.

When I owned CV1 the PTC channel would most of the time would be a improvement over the Release Channel. I honestly like the headset IMO it's not ready for prime time.

3Jane
    Yk_SVA said:

win 10 home 1903,5.0819 ,  v1.39.... beta, last update:

У вас есть порты USB 3.0 и 3.1? Вы пытались использовать разные порты, контроллеры Asmedia могут вызвать проблемы. Также проверьте, не были ли заменены драйверы вашей материнской платы Microsoft, на всякий случай.

PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

NerveGear
    edited August 13
    RattyUK said:
    Yk_SVA said:

У вас есть порты USB 3.0 и 3.1? Вы пытались использовать разные порты, контроллеры Asmedia могут вызвать проблемы. Также проверьте, не были ли заменены драйверы вашей материнской платы Microsoft, на всякий случай.

Да, у меня есть указанные порты, стоят родные драйвера на материнской плате ASUS Gene Maximus VI. Я использовал переключение всех портов USB 3.0 и 3.1. Более того я извлёк все устройства (джойстики для авиасимулятора) из других портов USB 2.0 и 3.0 оставив только клавиатуру и мышь. Windows 10 home имеет последнее обновление 1903 от 5.08.19, драйвер видеокарты NV 431.60 (крайний). Выключение DP происходит постоянно как только я подношу шлем к голове - появляется черный экран, через 1-2 минуты может включиться изображение комнаты с сообщением о критической ошибке и неисправности оборудования, после чего в разделе устройств настроек шлем отключен от DP и опять всё темнеет, на экране ничего нет. При подключении к Beta сообщение об отключении USB 3.0 вроде бы пропали.

Да, и что такое PTC? Программа Oculussetup с официального сайта, а что она ставит я не понял...
    3Jane

PTC находится в бета-версии, которую вы, похоже, уже пробовали. Я должен предложить вам открыть заявку в службу поддержки, так как все на вашем компьютере, кажется, хорошо для VR. Мои извинения, что у меня нет новых предложений.

NerveGear
    RattyUK said:

Мои извинения, что у меня нет новых предложений.

Спасибо за оказанную помощь, всего доброго...
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    Orkel said:
    Issues I've noticed in this beta:
    -"Can't track headset" every time it's used.
    -Guardian resets or fails to recognize area almost every time it's used.

The same happens to me. Despite these messages Rift S does its job.
    3Jane
    Yk_SVA said:
    RattyUK said:

Мои извинения, что у меня нет новых предложений.

Спасибо за оказанную помощь, всего доброго...

Добро пожаловать.

• OrkelOrkel Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    PT is downloading a new 9 part update, not sure what's changed.
  • SatconcookSatconcook Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited August 13
    The "Headset cannot be tracked" error went away with today's update, but I still don't see a "Collect All" option.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,720 Valuable Player
    Yep that error notification is now gone for me too, good job Oculus!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Art3mis
    1.4 PTC is working great now.
  • Rebel281Rebel281 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This new update 1.40 killed my gaming OculusHome2 is taking up 25% of my CPU making games unplayable. Please allow a way to turn off Home2 as I don't use it anyway. The last 2 updates made this headset much worse wish I could roll back the last 2 updates and not take anymore.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    Yk_SVA said:
    RattyUK said:
    Yk_SVA said:

Да, у меня есть указанные порты, стоят родные драйвера на материнской плате ASUS Gene Maximus VI. Я использовал переключение всех портов USB 3.0 и 3.1. Более того я извлёк все устройства (джойстики для авиасимулятора) из других портов USB 2.0 и 3.0 оставив только клавиатуру и мышь. Windows 10 home имеет последнее обновление 1903 от 5.08.19, драйвер видеокарты NV 431.60 (крайний). Выключение DP происходит постоянно как только я подношу шлем к голове - появляется черный экран, через 1-2 минуты может включиться изображение комнаты с сообщением о критической ошибке и неисправности оборудования, после чего в разделе устройств настроек шлем отключен от DP и опять всё темнеет, на экране ничего нет. При подключении к Beta сообщение об отключении USB 3.0 вроде бы пропали.

Да, и что такое PTC? Программа Oculussetup с официального сайта, а что она ставит я не понял...
    This is why we need a different language section.....
  • DownluckDownluck Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Orkel said:
    [...]
    -This bug has existed since the release of Rift S and is still unfixed: the microphone turns into a very staticy/robotic voice at random times when playing multiplayer games (for example VRchat), for approximately 1-2 seconds before going back normal. Friend has it even worse, where the mic becomes like that permanently, requiring Oculus software restart. It is only noticeable when others hear you speak in multiplayer games, you can't notice it yourself at all. It's like a microphone version of the static flash bug.
    Same here, I'm still waiting for a fix.