cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have a display port on my pc. Oculus Rift S *SOLVED*

ItzKenner
Explorer
I just got my oculus rift s and I realized that it had a display port. I didn't know that I needed that in my pc. Before I got the oculus rift s I used the compatible tool and it showed everything as fine. I tried connecting it to my monitor and it didn't work. I then tried finding some adapters on amazon but most of them cost too much and I heard that they don't work on the oculus rift s. I scanned the whole back of my pc and I couldn't find a DisplayPort or an HDMI port so I'm kinda stuck here. Can someone tell me what to do?

14 REPLIES 14

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Is it a laptop or a desktop PC? If it's a desktop PC with a graphics card that passes the config test, you should have HDMI and display ports on the back of your video card (typically one HDMI and three DPs on many modern cards). The ports may have little plastic plugs or covers on them if they've never been used. Your monitor should also be plugged into one of the ports on the video card.
eqs8heqdsgpu.jpg
If your PC is a laptop, you may be out of luck, but post more info and we can better help you.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

ItzKenner
Explorer
I have a desktop and I don't have hdmi or a display port 

ItzKenner
Explorer
I can take a picture of the back of my computer if that helps.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I edited my post above with a picture of a typical PC desktop. Yes, go ahead and post a picture if you can. Do you know what video card you have?

ItzKenner
Explorer

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Those plastic plugs above the white DVI connector are your HDMI and Display Ports. Pull the plastic plugs out and you should be good to go.

ItzKenner
Explorer
I don't know what video card I have. Is there a way I can check?

ItzKenner
Explorer
Omg thank you so much

ItzKenner
Explorer
I didn't know I could pull them out
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?