cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just need help so I can buy food

ziggybaba
Sightseer
Hey guys I got a faulty headphone

Oculas are refusing to offer me help unless I give them a payment method. I am still under warrenty also showed all my recite and invoice

There basically refusing to offer me help unless I give them access to my bank account

I am currently been made homeless and want to sell the unit to buy food so needed to get the headphone fixed so I can get the cash for it I also don't own a pc and more or have access to one.  I am using someone else's phone and internet last thing I need is more stress 

They said it will be free of charge but won't offer me a soulution

My questions are

1# is it a legal requirement by law that as a human being it's mandontory to own a bank account or PayPal?

2# how dose that effect my consumer rights?

3# where dose it say in contract law and bill of sales and warrenty act that I must own a bank account or PayPal before you will uphold the legal obligation of warrenty 

4# I physically don't have a bank or PayPal

5# where dose it say in wrighting that I must give you access to.my bank accounts before you have the right to help me

#6 I offered to pay for any postage if you present me with a bill of any kind

#7 where did it say that I must give you access to my private funding when I was buying the rift

#8 how can you promise me my private information won't get hacked or stolen

#9 How do i know that my information won't get stolen internally 

#10 why should it effect me if that's how your system works

So much stress just so they can replace a faulty earpiece

I hardly used it anyway terrible it's broken alreasy

I just need a solution just seems like they don't want to help or it's too much trouble to manually do a bit extra as they keep saying it's there systems 

2 REPLIES 2

bigmike20vt
Visionary
sorry about your plight and have to say pretty insensitive of the person who finds it funny! (unless i am missing some form of joke ?)

do you not have a friend who could help you and them give their PP details?
i have never needed to send anything back to oculus but regularly send stuff back to amazon, it just goes through my account with no details needed... it seems a silly system unless it is to prove you are the original purchaser and they want to make sure the account it was bought on is your account and not 2nd hand or stolen?.

in which case you may be out of luck, but then, that would seem a bit dodgy, what if you changed banks???
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Do you have family or friends that can help you out for money and a place to stay?

If your really stuck go to a local church, they will feed you and give you clothes etc.

Also what country do you live in?...As many countries have good charities to help you get back on your feet. I'd recommend making a few phone calls or walking to your local charities for food, clothes, somewhere to sleep and they will help you get emergency money and a new job.

Hope things get better for you mate!!  ❤️

EDIT: As for your questions regarding Oculus support, I'm sorry but I've no idea how any of that works, did you buy it online or in store? If it was a store you could take it back to store for refund with your receipt otherwise if it's online you would need to follow supports instructions.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?