Is this fair pratic — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is this fair pratic

ziggybabaziggybaba Posts: 2
NerveGear

Hey guys I got a faulty headphone

Oculas are refusing to offer me help unless I give them a payment method. I am still under warrenty also showed all my recite and invoice

There basically refusing to offer me help unless I give them access to my bank account

I am currently been made homeless and want to sell the unit to buy food so needed to get the headphone fixed so I can get the cash for it I also don't own a pc and more or have access to one.  I am using someone else's phone and internet last thing I need is more stress 

They said it will be free of charge but won't offer me a soulution

My questions are

1# is it a legal requirement by law that as a human being it's mandontory to own a bank account or PayPal?

2# how dose that effect my consumer rights?

3# where dose it say in contract law and bill of sales and warrenty act that I must own a bank account or PayPal before you will uphold the legal obligation of warrenty 

4# I physically don't have a bank or PayPal

5# where dose it say in wrighting that I must give you access to.my bank accounts before you have the right to help me

#6 I offered to pay for any postage if you present me with a bill of any kind

#7 where did it say that I must give you access to my private funding when I was buying the rift

#8 how can you promise me my private information won't get hacked or stolen

#9 How do i know that my information won't get stolen internally 

#10 why should it effect me if that's how your system works

So much stress just so they can replace a faulty earpiece

I hardly used it anyway terrible it's broken alreasy

I just need a solution just seems like they don't want to help or it's too much trouble to manually do a bit extra as they keep saying it's there systems 

Comments

• LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 320
    Trinity
    I cannot give you an answer to this but I guess no one can give you any advice on legal issues if you don't say what country you live in. Laws are different around the world.
  • sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    ziggybaba said:

Oculas are refusing to offer me help unless I give them a payment method. I am still under warrenty also showed all my recite and invoice

I don't see a problem here. If you bought your device from Oculus, you provided them payment method when you paid the device. If you bought the device elsewhere, that is where you should be returning it.
    Am I missing something obvious here?
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,811 Valuable Player
    sraura said:
    ziggybaba said:

Am I missing something obvious here?
    I'm going to venture a guess that the reason they need that info is the consumer is demanding that they send a replacement before he returns the original set and they are willing to do so as long as they can secure a payment method to charge in the event that the consumer doesn't send the original item back after the first one was sent out.  Other than that, I have no idea.  I had to do an RMA and I don't recall needing to provide them with any payment information, but I had to send the item back with nothing more than an RMA and a Tracking number.  OP, Why are they saying they need this payment info?