DiRT Rally 2.0: Available Now on Oculus — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DiRT Rally 2.0: Available Now on Oculus

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,669 Valuable Player
edited August 8 in General

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,937 Valuable Player
    CV1 powah! :sunglasses:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    I was just going to mention that @Wildt.

Makes me wonder how long this has been ready for, seeing as they are using CV1 in promo videos.
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,916 Valuable Player
    Steam version also getting the update..... they do say it is OpenVR on steam. I hope that is a miscommunication however and it is getting native support on steam as well - like the 1st game.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Tummie555Tummie555 Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    edited August 8
    Thank you so much Oculus, this is why we love you. We know it's been hard trying to get through to codemasters stuborn head, and you did it all for us, so thanks from the bottom of our hearts. 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,440 Valuable Player
    edited August 8
    So is this a better version then the first one they did in VR? Just asking because I haven't gotten round to playing the first one for very long.
    Hi

Is this the deluxe edition with all the DLC?  I cant see any option to buy the season pass

Thanks
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,890 Valuable Player
    edited August 8
    RedRizla said:
    So is this a better version then the first one they did in VR? Just asking because I haven't gotten round to playing the first one for very long.
    I've played the first one for maybe 1-2 hours, it runs great using CV1 ss 2.0. But 45GB  :# And I'm not fond of gamepads - first one needs gamepad, doesn't support Touch. 

And the new one is 76GB  :o And $60 :o ....And it only supports "Racing wheel" as controller!!??

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2143422815706213

Hmmm, I vote for RedRizla trying it first!  :D 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Hi

Is this the deluxe edition with all the DLC?  I cant see any option to buy the season pass

Thanks

I'd love to give you an answer, but it'll take me 4 days to download the 76GB game using my free but slow connection, lol
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,959 Volunteer Moderator

The Deluxe Edition includes the first 2 Seaons worth of DLC but I'm not sure if that's al the DLC listed.

Going by Codemasters' info, Deluxe is supposed to include 3 new tracks + 5 cars in season 1 and then 3 tracks + 5 cars in season 2, also in-game bonuses, a Porsche 911 RGT, upgraded team garage & some early unlocks.

Looking at the Steam DLC list, there seems to be 14 cars and 5 tracks plus the Porsche 911 RGT so maybe some of those cars wouldn't be included in Deluxe and 1 track is missing? Maybe they just added a few more cars within the first 2 seasons.

A bit confusing.

Anyway, you can buy the Deluxe upgrade separately for £24.99 as it's listed as one of the DLCs... that's basically the 2 seasons pass.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)

Anyway, you can buy the Deluxe upgrade separately for £24.99 as it's listed as one of the DLCs... that's basically the 2 seasons pass.

Hi
    can you see this within the game? becaiuse i cant find any notes about it on the store.  I was posting on behalf of somene on another forum. I shall feed back the news then.

btw has anyone tried the online yet?  I am wondering if you can play with steam players online or whether it is segregated like the 1st game.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,440 Valuable Player
    edited August 8
    RuneSR2 said:

Hmmm, I vote for RedRizla trying it first!  :D 
    I can tell you right off the bat, I'm totally shite at rally games. I thought I was quite good when I tried the first one until I saw YouTube videos like this. I think crashed about 20 times on that course :D

BTW, according to Steam gamepads are supported - I'd be surprised if the Oculus version doesn't support gamepads too:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/690790/DiRT_Rally_20/

Steam version supports Index and Vive, but not Rift. Seems to only require 50GB space for the Steam version. 

Steam version can be bought here for like $20:

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-dirt-rally-2-0-cd-key-compare-prices/

I still don't think I'm buying, I always end up never playing games that require gamepad (=no support for Touch or Knuckles). 

it is the size difference of the install which made me think the oculus one may be comming with all DLC. @DaftnDirect ; seems to have ruled that one out however unless I mussunderstood him and he was talking about the steam version :(
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,959 Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 8
    it is the size difference of the install which made me think the oculus one may be comming with all DLC. @DaftnDirect ; seems to have ruled that one out however unless I mussunderstood him and he was talking about the steam version :(

Sorry bigmoke I should have said, yes was talking about the Steam version. I'm not sure the DLC is available on the Oculus version... if it isn't available in-game to download I can't see it being available at all. I was really only considering this via Steam because of the doubts over on-line cross-platform multiplayer.

The odds are it's the same as the first Dirt Rally and utilises the same servers but of anyone knows differently shout out as I'm about to grab my wallet.

Edit: I should add I chose Steam for the original Dirt Rally for the same reason and never had any performance issues, it's very smooth. idk maybe I'm in the minority and don't seem to have a performance hit using Steam, at least not for the dozen or so VR games I run that way.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 320
    Trinity
    Does the Steam version come with native Oculus support or only via SteamVR?

How about cross-platform multiplayer? In the original version the Oculus community was separated from the Steam (VR & flat) community which made the Oculus version pretty useless for mulitplayer (lack of players, events, leagues).
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    Litespeed said:
    Does the Steam version come with native Oculus support or only via SteamVR?

How about cross-platform multiplayer? In the original version the Oculus community was separated from the Steam (VR & flat) community which made the Oculus version pretty useless for mulitplayer (lack of players, events, leagues).
    Only Oculus store version have native Oculus support. Atleast for atm.

I havent tried multiplayer against other players yet, but leaderboards and daily, weekly events are shared with Steam version. I own Oculus store version.
    Trinity
    saami81 said:
    I havent tried multiplayer against other players yet, but leaderboards and daily, weekly events are shared with Steam version. I own Oculus store version.
    Sounds good. That's different from the original version.
    Art3mis
    Litespeed said:
    saami81 said:
    Im not sure about daily events anymore. I just tried them and couldnt get any leaderboards. However time-trial leaderboards are shared. I guess that Oculus and Steam shows names, but Playstation and XBox only shows default name "Dirt player"
    saami81 said:
    Litespeed said:
    saami81 said:
    Im not sure about daily events anymore. I just tried them and couldnt get any leaderboards. However time-trial leaderboards are shared. I guess that Oculus and Steam shows names, but Playstation and XBox only shows default name "Dirt player"
    Do you know if the Oculus version supports XBox controller? - It still says that only "racing wheel" is supported in the Oculus Store. 

• Jackrabbit710Jackrabbit710 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Got the steam version and it runs absolutely rubbish with SteamVR. It doesn’t include native Oculus API..
    ive been waiting for this for ages with my Rift S gathering dust and I still can’t use it.. 
    hopefully No mans sky won’t be a let down too 
    (I’m not rebuying it on the oculus store)
    Art3mis
    RuneSR2 said:
    saami81 said:
    Litespeed said:
    saami81 said:
    Do you know if the Oculus version supports XBox controller? - It still says that only "racing wheel" is supported in the Oculus Store. 
    I have only played with g920 racing wheel. I dont have Xbox controller. Game didnt recognize my Steam controller. Not sure, if it can recognize Xbox controller either.
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    I own the Steam version and now I have to purchase the same game twice. NO MORE word of month purchases. This is lowest stun I seen.
  • Chevelle70SSChevelle70SS Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The Oculus version and Steam version both support Xbox controllers. I use a 360 controller myself. The Oculus version seems to run smoother than steam version for me, but the night stages in the Oculus version has terrible graphics banding. I don't use supersampling in ethier version and High preset for graphics.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,578
    Project 2501
    edited August 9
    Got the steam version and it runs absolutely rubbish with SteamVR. It doesn’t include native Oculus API..
    ive been waiting for this for ages with my Rift S gathering dust and I still can’t use it.. 
    hopefully No mans sky won’t be a let down too 
    (I’m not rebuying it on the oculus store)

Why would you get the Steam version if you have a Rift? There is an Oculus version. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    Project 2501
    The Oculus version and Steam version both support Xbox controllers. I use a 360 controller myself. The Oculus version seems to run smoother than steam version for me, but the night stages in the Oculus version has terrible graphics banding. I don't use supersampling in ethier version and High preset for graphics.
    Steam VR allows you to set supersampling individually for each game. For Oculus you need to download Oculus Tray Tool for that. 

I haven't bought the game yet. I like to wait for the first patch. 
    Project 2501
    edited August 9
    I own the Steam version and now I have to purchase the same game twice. NO MORE word of month purchases. This is lowest stun I seen.

I hope they provide keys the way Elite Dangerous provides a key to install it for free on Oculus if you already own it on Steam. 
    MowTin said:
    Steam VR allows you to set supersampling individually for each game. For Oculus you need to download Oculus Tray Tool for that. 

I haven't bought the game yet. I like to wait for the first patch. 

You can set up profiles for individual games using OTT - it's very easy to set super sampling individually for each Oculus game or app. I've always got OTT running - you can set it to launch minimized with Windows. 

Trinity
    edited August 9
    MowTin said:
     Why would you get the Steam version if you have a Rift? There is an Oculus version. 
    A potential lack of cross-platform mulitplayer would be a very good reason to get the Steam version.

My experience with the original Dirt Rally was a complete lack of any player organized leagues and events on the Oculus version. The Oculus VR community is far too small for that.

That's why I bought it again on Steam (which had native Oculus support in the original) where you have access to the huge non-VR community there. That was much better.

Now with 2.0 it seems the Steam version has no native Oculus support. If again there is no cross-platform mulitplayer (which is what I'm trying to find out) I'll have to make a difficult choice: Better performance or larger community.
  • f1iceman07f1iceman07 Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    was we all misled with steam vrsion, as its pants, this is exactly what VR Don't need and will give things a bad rep. but as i was to believe it was Dirt Rally 2.0 Oculus supported so i expected it to be supported when i bought it on steam when it was said it was coming. now it is here we don't have support.
    It really is poop on a stick with steam version.
    original Dirt Rally runs rings round it vr wise to the steam version i have with full support i take it Oculus version is very good.
    was we all misled with steam vrsion, as its pants, this is exactly what VR Don't need and will give things a bad rep. but as i was to believe it was Dirt Rally 2.0 Oculus supported so i expected it to be supported when i bought it on steam when it was said it was coming. now it is here we don't have support.
    It really is poop on a stick with steam version.
    original Dirt Rally runs rings round it vr wise to the steam version i have with full support i take it Oculus version is very good.

The Steam version never said that Oculus was supported - it was directly stated that Oculus wasn't supported. The Steam version misled no one maybe but Index users, because Index was described as supported first and then Index support was removed. That was never the case for Rift users.
    Can't see how Steam/Valve can be blamed for this - instead contact the DiRT devs if you think they made a mistake.