cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirt Rally 2.0 on Oculus Home DLCs

francesco_2013
Protege
Hi guys I have bought the game and it is really really good. I was wondering one thing does anybody know what happened to the extra content that is on sale on Steam as kind of DLCs ? 
- Porsche 911 
- Montecarlo and Sweden maps 

How can I get this content for the Oculus Home version ?
17 REPLIES 17

kellemann
Explorer
Its comming at a later date

francesco_2013
Protege
I hope it will really come and we were not fooled ...

Dan_E_B
Honored Guest
Some sort of update about the DLC would be nice 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Contact the developer maybe ???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

No update on the Codemasters site, just the 'at a later date' statement that's been on their forum since August 13th.

The questions being asked on their forum don't seem to get many answers.

francesco_2013
Protege
It is an insane situation and what makes it even crazier is that there are Oculus Home users of Dirt Rally 2.0 that somehow managed to get the DLCs ... they have Sweden, Wales, Greece and all the extra cars ... but I dont. 

Actually if you check the game folder you will see that there are already Sweden, Wales and Greece in the game folder under locations but they SIMPLY DONT APPEAR IN THE GAME and you cannot choose them .... this is totally mad

Wonder if they bought the Steam version when it was released way back... then bought the Home version because Steam doesn't have native Oculus support... then copied the DLC across from Steam.

Really, there's no reason not to have Oculus support in the Steam version unless that was a decision made because of agreements between Codemasters and Oculus, maybe because of Oculus funding.

If so, they should have made it clear at the start that the Steam version wouldn't have Oculus native support. Now Codemasters should either be giving Home keys to Oculus owners, or refunds on the Steam version.

In any case, it's a mess.

francesco_2013
Protege
@DaftnDirect I have managed to shed some light on this thing. 
Oculus users got the DLCs choosing to buy them when a mysterious ad popped up in game advertising Season 1. 
I saw that ad too but I pressed the wrong button on the steering wheel and skipped it by mistake. There is no way to bring it back 😞 Look what these users have in their purchase history:

Dirt OculusPNG

WTF really

That's weird @Francesco_213

I was trying to figure out why the DLC was delayed on the Oculus store... maybe they thought it needed additional testing or modification to perform well with the Oculus SDK. But this makes it look like it's ready to go but is being held back for some other reason.... and accidentally made available in-game??? who knows!