New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dirt Rally 2.0 on Oculus Home DLCs

Hi guys I have bought the game and it is really really good. I was wondering one thing does anybody know what happened to the extra content that is on sale on Steam as kind of DLCs ? 
- Porsche 911 
- Montecarlo and Sweden maps 

How can I get this content for the Oculus Home version ?

Comments

• kellemannkellemann Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Its comming at a later date

• francesco_2013francesco_2013 Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    I hope it will really come and we were not fooled ...
  • Dan_E_BDan_E_B Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Some sort of update about the DLC would be nice 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,736 Volunteer Moderator
    Contact the developer maybe ???
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,816 Volunteer Moderator

No update on the Codemasters site, just the 'at a later date' statement that's been on their forum since August 13th.

The questions being asked on their forum don't seem to get many answers.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.330)
    Brain Burst
    It is an insane situation and what makes it even crazier is that there are Oculus Home users of Dirt Rally 2.0 that somehow managed to get the DLCs ... they have Sweden, Wales, Greece and all the extra cars ... but I dont. 

Actually if you check the game folder you will see that there are already Sweden, Wales and Greece in the game folder under locations but they SIMPLY DONT APPEAR IN THE GAME and you cannot choose them .... this is totally mad

Wonder if they bought the Steam version when it was released way back... then bought the Home version because Steam doesn't have native Oculus support... then copied the DLC across from Steam.

Really, there's no reason not to have Oculus support in the Steam version unless that was a decision made because of agreements between Codemasters and Oculus, maybe because of Oculus funding.

If so, they should have made it clear at the start that the Steam version wouldn't have Oculus native support. Now Codemasters should either be giving Home keys to Oculus owners, or refunds on the Steam version.

In any case, it's a mess.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.330)
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2019
    @DaftnDirect I have managed to shed some light on this thing. 
    Oculus users got the DLCs choosing to buy them when a mysterious ad popped up in game advertising Season 1. 
    I saw that ad too but I pressed the wrong button on the steering wheel and skipped it by mistake. There is no way to bring it back :( Look what these users have in their purchase history:

Dirt OculusPNG

WTF really

That's weird @Francesco_213

I was trying to figure out why the DLC was delayed on the Oculus store... maybe they thought it needed additional testing or modification to perform well with the Oculus SDK. But this makes it look like it's ready to go but is being held back for some other reason.... and accidentally made available in-game??? who knows!

Brain Burst
    It is indeed an accident from Codemasters. There is no technical issue whatsoever because, as I said, the DLCs are already all shipped with the game you buy on Oculus Home. The problem here seems to be they do not agree with Facebook on something that could be the price. I dont really know. Here is what the PR person for Codemasters said about the thing:

Hey there.

I would explain but I can't right now as I don't have all the info.

I did forward the thread internally because players shouldn't have access to the content yet. If there's something i can say publicly, I'll update you all 🙂 

Cheers,

-PJ

I am fighting for this thing as much as I can on the Dirt Rally 2.0 Codemasters forum. Support from you all guys would be really really appreciated.

Please go and post here: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/42818-game-of-the-year-edition-on-oculus-home/

• TimbehTimbeh Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yeah, i´m glad that oculus SDK came to steam. But not so glad that the announcement was after you cannot ask for a refund for oculus version that you were pretty much required to buy if you wanted to play the game. For me this is just a dirt(y) selling tactics and a lesson learned - no more oculus software.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,199 Valuable Player
    edited October 2019
    Timbeh said:
    Yeah, i´m glad that oculus SDK came to steam. But not so glad that the announcement was after you cannot ask for a refund for oculus version that you were pretty much required to buy if you wanted to play the game. For me this is just a dirt(y) selling tactics and a lesson learned - no more oculus software.
    Are you sure it is oculus who engineered this to happen? If they did then you are correct it is a bit of an underhanded tactic. If however it was an oversight or was codemasters choice (potentially get People to double dip on sales) then boycotting oculus store may be blaming the wrong party 

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Kranky_PantzKranky_Pantz Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    "DiRT Rally 2.0 VR Gate" was indeed a disaster. Glad to see the dust starting to settle with the Oculus SDK now coming to Steam users as well (after the MUCH deserved community outcry).
    Plus the addition of an ANALOG Handbrake...FINALLY!!!!
    Fingers crossed that this all works!

Just for anyone who didn't know... native Oculus SDK support for the Steam version was announced by Codemasters on 25th October, 2 days after @fransesco_2013 and my conversation, go figure. It's included in the v1.9 update due for release today so I assume it's happened, if anyone who has that versions can confirm, and let us know it works ok, thanks.

So it's anyone's guess as to why all this happened and who's to blame but hopefully lessons have been learned.

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,199 Valuable Player

Just for anyone who didn't know... native Oculus SDK support for the Steam version was announced by Codemasters on 25th October, 2 days after @fransesco_2013 and my conversation, go figure. It's included in the v1.9 update due for release today so I assume it's happened, if anyone who has that versions can confirm, and let us know it works ok, thanks.

So it's anyone's guess as to why all this happened and who's to blame but hopefully lessons have been learned.

Can I borrow your time machine please? I want to see what else happens on 25th october ;)
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)

Can I borrow your time machine please? I want to see what else happens on 25th october ;)

Whoops, I've let my time lord secret out of the bag or more accurately my oncoming senility.

Yes, that was supposed to be... announced 25th September and released 1st October (yesterday)!

• Dan_E_BDan_E_B Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Where’s the god damn DLC for Oculus Dirt Rally 2? This is getting beyond the joke now!