rift s setup "please restart your computer" — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

rift s setup "please restart your computer"

so i'm getting my rift s in about a month and thought i'd download the software early so i can start quickly when the headset arrives. i'm glad i did this because I've run into an issue, the software downloads just fine, but when it gets to the second installation bar it says i need to restart my computer. so i do this, and the issue persists, i must have done it 6 times now and it still happens, i found some forums from a couple of years ago but none of the solutions to that problem seem to work. i would be very grateful if anyone could help me solve this, it may be something to do with the antivirus but i don't know much about that, could anyone giving an answer be as simple with their answers as possible. forgive me if i don't know how to do something

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,515 Valuable Player
    edited August 10
    I would not attempt to install the software for a device you do not have yet.
    That is asking for trouble, as the installer will need to see the Rift S when prompted to plug in.
    I would clean out all the installed files following the below, then get the software set up when you actually have your Rift S. Only takes about 10 min.

Disconnect your computer from the internet.Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.Restart computer in safe mode.
    Delete all Oculus folders from here:
    • C:\Program Files
    Remove any Oculus folders from here:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Fredmcc04Fredmcc04 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    okay thank you, i will do this and then when i have the device i'll tell you if the problem persists