cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rift s setup "please restart your computer"

Fredmcc04
Honored Guest
so i'm getting my rift s in about a month and thought i'd download the software early so i can start quickly when the headset arrives. i'm glad i did this because I've run into an issue, the software downloads just fine, but when it gets to the second installation bar it says i need to restart my computer. so i do this, and the issue persists, i must have done it 6 times now and it still happens, i found some forums from a couple of years ago but none of the solutions to that problem seem to work. i would be very grateful if anyone could help me solve this, it may be something to do with the antivirus but i don't know much about that, could anyone giving an answer be as simple with their answers as possible. forgive me if i don't know how to do something
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would not attempt to install the software for a device you do not have yet.
That is asking for trouble, as the installer will need to see the Rift S when prompted to plug in.
I would clean out all the installed files following the below, then get the software set up when you actually have your Rift S. Only takes about 10 min.

• Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  • Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  • Restart computer in safe mode.
  • Delete all Oculus folders from here:
    • C:\Program Files
  • Remove any Oculus folders from here:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming

• Fredmcc04
    Honored Guest
    okay thank you, i will do this and then when i have the device i'll tell you if the problem persists