Prime Video VR not available for installation — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Prime Video VR not available for installation

jsbienjsbien Posts: 11
NerveGear
I can see it in the WWW shop, but the only option is adding to the wish list, which does not work. Despite the messae "Dodano do listy życzeń" ("Added to the wish list"), it is not visible on the wish list. Moreover it is not visible in all when the shop is accessed from the application or the device.
As my 7-days free Prime trial period is running out, I will appreciate very much your suggestions.

Comments

• james6161james6161 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I Have the same Problem. I'm thinking it's just available in the US and the UK. I live in Canada 
  • jsbienjsbien Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    It probable, but quite strange for me, as Prime is available in Poland for some time already.
    NerveGear
    Moreover I was informed about its availability by a mail from Oculus...
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,349 Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 11
    From the Oculus Blog news announcement:
    Prime members in the US and the UK can grab a seat in their own personal theater to watch Prime Video Original movies

I'm in Australia and its not available despite having amazon prime tv here (hell, my tv remote even has a dedicated amazon button).

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,141
    Wintermute
    Also in Australia and while I don’t see any Prime app my regular Prime subscription works fine with my Go’s Browser in desktop mode.

Only thing I cannot do with Go is move the video timeline.  Not a big deal for me.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

NerveGear
    The Oculus support brought my attention to https://www.oculus.com/blog/watch-amazon-prime-video-in-vr-now-available-on-oculus-quest-oculus-go-and-gear-vr/?locale=en_US stating explicitely (but in the second paragraph...) that the application is available only in USA and UK. I think it should be mentioned on the store application page. If you wish, you can vote for https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918559-oculus-go/suggestions/38355295-amazon-prime-video-application-should-be-available.

Using the Go's browser would be a solution, but it doesn't work for me, i.e. nothing happens when I select "Play". BTW, I assume "tryb komputerowy" is the Polish translation of "desktop mode" - selecting it seems to have no effect and I was unable to find any description of the mode in the Internet.

Wintermute
    jsbien said:
    The Oculus support brought my attention to https://www.oculus.com/blog/watch-amazon-prime-video-in-vr-now-available-on-oculus-quest-oculus-go-and-gear-vr/?locale=en_US stating explicitely (but in the second paragraph...) that the application is available only in USA and UK. I think it should be mentioned on the store application page. If you wish, you can vote for https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918559-oculus-go/suggestions/38355295-amazon-prime-video-application-should-be-available.

Using the Go's browser would be a solution, but it doesn't work for me, i.e. nothing happens when I select "Play". BTW, I assume "tryb komputerowy" is the Polish translation of "desktop mode" - selecting it seems to have no effect and I was unable to find any description of the mode in the Internet.

Not sure why going to desktop mode does not allow you to use Prime.  Maybe start and sign into Google and try to access Prime from there and sign into your Amazon/Prime account.  These are the instructions I got ~1 year ago and they still seem to work fine.  Do you have Prime working ok on your PC and/or your TV with a Firestick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swJMMh_5Qbo

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

NerveGear
    Thanks for the link, I will analyse the video and the comments. A quick test shows that when I select "Play" the URL changes to "intent:////app.primevideo.com/watch..." both in desktop and non-desktop mode. Perhaps this is the culprit?
    I use Prime on PC, just started the free trial.
    NerveGear
    A partial success: when logging to amazon.com I can play some Prime video (perhaps demos for watching abroad?) but I cannot access my Prime account; moreover I'm not impressed by the quality. When logging to amazon.de I'm requested to subscribe to Prime...
    As my free trial just ends, I give up the attempts to watch Prime on Go.
    Wintermute
    edited 3:55AM
    Ya, I am now also having problems using Amazon Prime Video on my Go.  I have a full subscription and it works well with my TV (firestick), PC, and iPhone. 

Seems to now need a Prime Video App for the Go which is not currently available in Australia.  Pity because I used to enjoy watching TV and movies on my Go.

I'm going to contact Amazon and ask them to see if they can fix this.