Oculus microphone not working. USB reset not fixing it. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus microphone not working. USB reset not fixing it.

KrigolKrigol Posts: 2
NerveGear
So yeah. Basically microphone is not working. Tried resetting the cables on both ends. Using another USB port. Allowing access. I even connected my headphones to the jack on the glasses and I could hear the audio but mic was not working again. 

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,141
    Wintermute
    edited August 10
    Maybe try making sure your windows system/sound/sound control panel settings are corect. Try setting your Rift as the default communications.  Also, you can select the recording tab and make your rift mic the default.  Hope this helps.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.

• KrigolKrigol Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    After trying just about everything. Making sure the mic is not muted. Taking apart the device. Reinstalling the software. Checking permissions. Updating windows and drivers. I finally saw a button "Troubleshoot Microphone". Troubleshooting never worked for me for anything, but what did I got to lose? Clicked it and received: "Microphone muted. Fixed ✅"
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,141
    Wintermute
    Good to hear hear. Thanks for letting us all know.

Alienware 17r4 laptop, 7700hq 2.8/3.6 ghz, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1tb hd, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, Oculus Rift VR, Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier w/gtx1080ti and Asus VG248QE external monitor. 

Now moved onto a custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled), gtx 1080 ti (from my AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card.