Why do some games work perfectly but others crash Oculus Rift S? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why do some games work perfectly but others crash Oculus Rift S?

ReapingGodReapingGod Posts: 2
NerveGear
So I just got the rift today and been having a hard time playing Arizona Sunrise and SuperHot vr and Onward. I can play Contractors and Pavolov just fine but these other games crash constitly with my headset saying tracking error and then i'll get an error saying my right touch pad is low on batteries which is not because I just put new ones in. And For some reason in my oculus home/devices and shows like 6 right touch pads not sure why and I tried to remove them all and I can't... So far not impressed with this rift. I liked the HTC Vive i had better and i didn't really like that one. Someone have any ideas? I tried to upgrade everything usb port fixes and all.

Answers

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 848
    3Jane
    There is a little app on the forum for cleaning up the phantom right controllers that works perfectly - doesn't stop it happening again though...

Are you on the PTC build?  If not I'd suggest you give it a try as, apart from the known issue with a tracking message, it appears to solve many issues users have been having.

No suggestion why those games are an issue, sorry.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,978 Valuable Player
    Why is the sky blue?  Why is space black?  Why isn’t @vannagirl and @snowdog married?

You simply cannot expect everything to work perfectly with each other. You HAVE TO give it time and be patient about it. 

Now if you’ll excuse me I am gonna go back to trying to get my copy of HALO to work on my commodore 64.

😜
  • ReapingGodReapingGod Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I found out steamvr crashes games like superhot i bought it on the oculus store and it works fine... Something we steam vr
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,978 Valuable Player
    I found out steamvr crashes games like superhot i bought it on the oculus store and it works fine... Something we steam vr
    Good to know.