New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

"No DisplayPort connection"

It just suddenly did not work, and don't know what to do. I have tried everything that the oculus support sites have said and tried all kinds of different ports and stuff. When i connect the displayport cable it works in a brief moment before it disconnects. This makes me believe it has something to do with the USB not giving enough power to the displayport (?). A thing that strengthens this is a error from the log which is seen many times:

"USB connection failed via pc_hal_sensor_data_read"

Has anyone had the same problem, or knows how to fix this?

Comments

• Elite341Elite341 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had something similar where it was the USB 3.0 connection not working, but then today it just decided not to detect the headset at all. I'm gonna submit a support ticket later if I don't find any answers online.
  • SextaSexta Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Что делать и кто виноват?
  • mattsoftmattsoft Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    It just suddenly did not work, and don't know what to do. I have tried everything that the oculus support sites have said and tried all kinds of different ports and stuff. When i connect the displayport cable it works in a brief moment before it disconnects. This makes me believe it has something to do with the USB not giving enough power to the displayport (?). A thing that strengthens this is a error from the log which is seen many times:

"USB connection failed via pc_hal_sensor_data_read"

Has anyone had the same problem, or knows how to fix this?

Yes, I have a similar problem since the last firmware update. Oculus S was working fine for 2 months updated the firmware, and now it crashes after 30 seconds - 1 minute of use with a RED check indicator for the DisplayPort. Oculus support has run me through the ringer and I'm now working to return/replace the headset.
  • DefriMelfandiDefriMelfandi Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    if like that what to do ??
  • Nathanael_Nathanael_ Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem, oculus gave me a new cable, and it didnt work
  • AcesHigh70AcesHigh70 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just bought mine tonight and same issue.  Returning tomorrow and will go with a competitor.
  • TragicDelightTragicDelight Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2019
    My S works fine, i'm NOT using beta updates.
    Stop being drama queens and saying you are going to "go with a rival HMD company" and show an OUNCE of patience while shit gets sorted.
  • bigcat1969bigcat1969 Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    This shit hasn't been sorted in months and is getting worse and worse with every update for me. It just took 4 attempts to watch a couple minute video. The web is crawling with reports about the problems. Why shouldn't we want to go elsewhere. The idea is that the Rift S is a mature product when in fact it is a failure for a huge number of people. You want to kill PC VR, turn it into an eternal beta test. Your TV works when you turn it on, your console works when you turn it on, your phone works when you turn it on, your $400 VR headset should work when you turn it on, not require 4 attempts.
  • MohWarfighterMohWarfighter Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    This shit hasn't been sorted in months and is getting worse and worse with every update for me. It just took 4 attempts to watch a couple minute video. The web is crawling with reports about the problems. Why shouldn't we want to go elsewhere. The idea is that the Rift S is a mature product when in fact it is a failure for a huge number of people. You want to kill PC VR, turn it into an eternal beta test. Your TV works when you turn it on, your console works when you turn it on, your phone works when you turn it on, your $400 VR headset should work when you turn it on, not require 4 attempts.
    Agreed, this is ridiculous. I got my rift replaced, and it still did not work. 
  • Randall116Randall116 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm also still struggling with issues regarding this. 
    On a lucky day my device works properly in one go. Unfortunately, that is rare and in between for me. 

The DisplayPort error is the most common for myself, and sometimes sorts itself within a few reconnections and restarts. Occasionally it'll also claim that my USB 3's aren't USB 3's. even though I've clocked a good few hours on this when it decides to work. 
    Some more graphically intensive games like Elite dangerous and such, give me the blackout's with white noise often enough put it away for a few weeks. Haven't had any issues with more "casual" VR games.

Anywhoo... Any suggestions for anyone in here? (Just to keep this a little more positive c:     )

• TragicDelightTragicDelight Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just funny that it doesn't happen to me or over 30 Pokerstars VR and Pavlov friends that own the S. Maybe it's your settings or PC issue?
  • GlitchBabyBalloraGlitchBabyBallora Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    A ver, mi único problema con las rift S es que detectan tanto el USB 3.0 como el Displayport pero el software de Oculus solo me detecta el USB 3.0 y el Displayport no lo detecta, solo quiero encontrar una solución a este problema nada más
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 1,059
    Wintermute
    Using a powered USB 3 hub may help - my Rift S works flawlessly on my PC but needs a powered hub on the laptop to not drop out after a short while.  I think that the USB power on various motherboards (including my laptop) can be marginal in-spec and that the S may demand more than they can provide reliably.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
    NerveGear
    RattyUK said:
    Using a powered USB 3 hub may help - my Rift S works flawlessly on my PC but needs a powered hub on the laptop to not drop out after a short while.  I think that the USB power on various motherboards (including my laptop) can be marginal in-spec and that the S may demand more than they can provide reliably.
    I have just tried a HUB and it sadly did not work. 
    NerveGear
    UPDATE: So i have tried my friends GPU, and it worked!

This means my GPU is the problem and i really don't know how. Mine is a 1080ti, and my friends card was a 1060 so can it be becuse of the power draw? I am clueless right now. :/