New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest mic not working!

SpoonMeSpoonMe Posts: 3
NerveGear
So I'm trying to play games like Rec Room and VRChat where you can use your mic. I loaded up rec room for the first time yesterday and the mic was working fine without a headset plugged into the quest. However, once I plugged in my headset with a built in mic (Turtle Beach Earforce Recons) the mic in general stopped working. I tried unplugging my entire headset to see if it would fix the issue but it had no affect. I saw on another post that the issue could be that you're in a party on the quest but I have no friends (sad face) which means I can't even start a party. I did cast to my phone yesterday so my sister could watch, could that be the issue? I havent casted today and I shut down my headset last night and the mic still doesn't work. Any help??

Comments

• CallumOnOculusCallumOnOculus Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    There may be some privacy settings idk im new to the quest 
  • unholyshibbsunholyshibbs Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here works for poker vr but not poker stars vr what gives or where is the setting to change it. If I'm in a party though I can hear my party and everyone else they just can't hear me 
  • Bronson.H.M.PBronson.H.M.P Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Does anyone have an answer to this
  • Chuck-ThrillseekerChuck-Thrillseeker Posts: 7
    Brain Burst
    I had this trouble when i first started playing poker stars, fixed it by going into computer settings and setting my Rift microphone as the default mic then also clicking on my speaker icon on taskbar and changing the sound over to Rift Headset!.. I have to change it back to speakers when i have finished with my Rift! Try this and see if it works? cheers ChuckT....
    I'll Do It Tomorrow
    I'm Rifting Today
  • CrisperdadCrisperdad Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    ok... I finally found the problem. When the Link cable is plugged in and you have a pair of earphones in, the PC will NOT recognize the oculus mic. You must have a mic right on your hearphones for it to work. When you plug the hear phones in the quest (With an integrated mic) You will have no problem. At least, it worked for me
  • MushroomiesMushroomies Posts: 200
    Nexus 6
    edited July 31
    ok... I finally found the problem. When the Link cable is plugged in and you have a pair of earphones in, the PC will NOT recognize the oculus mic. You must have a mic right on your hearphones for it to work. When you plug the hear phones in the quest (With an integrated mic) You will have no problem. At least, it worked for me
    With my Rift, If I plug in a Headphone into the headset, I have to go to my computer settings and change the sound setting for it to work, What I find is two listings for the earphones, One is the intergraded earphones and the other is the one plugged into the headset. It may be listed different on other computers but my choices is this,
    Headphones (Oculus Virtual Audio Device)
    Headphones (2- Rift S)
    I have to switch it Manually
    Same with a Mic