casting — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

casting

brucejr2brucejr2 Posts: 1
NerveGear
my quest will cast to my phone but not to my TV that has a external chromecast receiver any suggestions

Tagged:

Comments

• SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 16
    Does you internet router have both 5ghz & 2.4ghz WiFi?  If so, I would make sure they don’t have identical SSID’s & then make sure your chrome cast & your quest are on the same band (preferably 5ghz)

This probably isn’t the cause but it’s worth checking.

- Steve
  • WolfoxWolfox Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist
    CASTING is a big FAIL for now.
    I have it working on the phone, on the Chromecast Ultra, but even on a 5Ghz network on the APP you can select only LOW or STANDARD, NO NIGH, and are both low quality and with delay. WHY we cant just cast to the Chromecast without using the Phone??
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 395
    Trinity
    If you have a tablet, you can install the Oculus app on there, and stream to the tablet. Then if you have the appropriate cable to connect the tablet to the tv's hdmi input, you should be able to stream directly to the tablet, then view on the tv. You'd have to google to see about connecting your specific tablet to the tv though...some have an hdmi port already, and some require an OTG or MHL adapter. I'm able to stream to my Raspberry Pi using scrcpy, and while testing Android on the Pi, I was able to install the Oculus app and connect my Quest to the Pi. But while trying to cast through the app, I had a black screen...either due to low spec hardware, or that others were having issues casting as well and it was just down for everybody. Another member here then tried installing the app on his Android tv...it worked. You need to also install Rotation Control to set the screen to landscape mode, then use an actual wireless keyboard and mouse to navigate the app. He had freezing though, but that might have been that casting wasn't working properly for anybody, and not just his setup. You'd probably be able to do it with an Android/Kodi box as well. But...if you have the tablet, that would probably be the easiest.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/phones-tablets/how-to-connect-your-tablet-to-your-tv-11363877138111
    https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-connect-my-mobile-device-to-my-tv-using-an-hdmi-cable/
  • WolfoxWolfox Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist
    It's not difficult, Oculus just have to "FREE" the option on the headset for casting to a device in the network, like when you open YouTube and the TV Icon appears, you press it and select the TV/CHROMECAST/Others and game is done.