Oculus Rift Free Roam? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift Free Roam?

Im looking for something to turn the joysticks into working controller so I would be able to move around with them?
I know this is possible for VIVE users is there anything we can use?

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 676
    Neo
    Im looking for something to turn the joysticks into working controller so I would be able to move around with them?

You want to turn the thumbsticks on the touch controllers into a controller? Can you clarify that? 
  • RAWthenticTTVRAWthenticTTV Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Yes! Ive seen people move around freely. But these people have been on the vive. Im wondering if there is anything for rift like that. I guess it doesn't have to be the joysticks for movement would just make the most sense to me.

Neo
    Ah, you mean you want to move using the thumbsticks. Thats a per game setting left up to developers
    NerveGear
    So then im guessing this mod that allows Vive users to move freely. Is just a vive thing then. because I can assure you its not a game mechanic as its not something you can do just by booting the game.
    Neo
    could be openvr advanced settings maybe, not sure what game you're talking about tho
    NerveGear
    If that will help. Its for PokerstarsVR
    Neo
    edited August 15
    Well, thats my game so i can 100% confirm they're using a 3rd party tool to displace their centerpoint. We only support dash and teleport movement in the lobby and no movement at the table
    NerveGear
    Are you a dev???? And yes I know its a third party tool im just wondering if there is one for the rift as well :smile:
    Neo
    Yes, i created PokerStarsVR, thats my game. 
    NerveGear
    Are you on the discord as well!??!?
    Well thanks for making this game 
    Tons of FUN
    and stress at times LOL
    when going for rings