Tracking Issue Rift S — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Tracking Issue Rift S

Hello everyone, 
I own my rift s roughly since release and i have never had this kind of problem. Basicly my touch Controllers lose tracking when they vibrate or when something happens linke a shot or something linke that. 
For example when i use the lightsabers in oculus home when i strike the wall the tracking goes crazy bonkers. 
Or when i play pavlov everything is good untill i shoot. Its then like the rifle is shifting away from me in different directions and the trigger doesnt let go when i let go. 

Hast anyone experienced  a similar issue?

Oh and here are my system specs btw. 
Ryzen 7 2700x
R9 Fury X drivers all up to date
Asus x470 TUF Mainboard
16gb RAM
Win 10 pro up to date 

Help is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 334 Oculus Staff
    Hey @dennisluf, I'm sorry to hear you're having tracking issues. We are aware of this behavior and are working on a software enhancement in a future release to the Oculus software. We currently don't have an ETA though. Thanks! -Rick
  • Meter_SticksMeter_Sticks Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I am having the same problem and it gets worse when i grip the front of the assault rifles in pavlov it just shift to the sides and it goes sicko mode.
  • dennislufdennisluf Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    @OculusSupport so is it related to the vibration? As a workaround is there any option to disable controller vibration?
  • randaddyrandaddy Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I've also got this issue on my Rift S, never experienced it before. Confirmed in Contractors and Onward as well. FPS's are unplayable for me at the moment. Is there any way to temporarily disable vibration on the touch controllers?
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,208
    Wintermute
    I've not played any VR for like two weeks but since reading this post I'll try my Rift S tonight and see if this happens to me as well.

Doesn't sound good but hopefully they patch it soon.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • randaddyrandaddy Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited August 24
    randaddy said:
    I've also got this issue on my Rift S, never experienced it before. Confirmed in Contractors and Onward as well. FPS's are unplayable for me at the moment. Is there any way to temporarily disable vibration on the touch controllers?
    Update: Switched to a previously unused USB 3.0 port (had been using 3.1 ports) and it seems to have fixed the issue. Perhaps something happened with a recent update that made the power requirements higher/more sensitive?

mobo is a Gigabyte AB350N Gaming wifi (due for an update!)