Any plans for a football VR game? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Any plans for a football VR game?

willchowwillchow Posts: 1
NerveGear
Goalkeeping mode and shooting mode

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,259
    Wintermute
    Go to the Oculus store and search for soccer.  There are a few for the Rift and Go.  Don't see anything for the Quest though.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

• Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 257
    Nexus 6
    That was fun idea to use you arms movement instead of of legs movement in soccer/football game :lol:
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,208
    Wintermute
    All the ones out now suck though, we need some kind of device to attach to our feet so they can make a real football games with decent graphics and gameplay.

And then we could kick. I'm sure something came out for HTC Vive but nobody has been anything for Rift yet.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • kellemannkellemann Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Would love a top down fotball game were you could see the whole pitch
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,606
    Project 2501
    I want an NFL American football game in VR. But the NFL makes that impossible with their dumb licensing creating a monopoly. 

It would be great to see the field from the perspective of a QB. There was a console game from the QB view before EA got an exclusive license....

i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 144
    Art3mis
    MowTin said:
    I want an NFL American football game in VR. But the NFL makes that impossible with their dumb licensing creating a monopoly. 

It would be great to see the field from the perspective of a QB. There was a console game from the QB view before EA got an exclusive license....

VR sports challenge does quite a good job presenting small portion of American football. Unfortunately it is just a small portion and could be better. What im saying is that we already have means for good NFL game. We just need someone to make one.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 479
    Trinity
    edited August 31
    They have Final Soccer VR on Steam, and it works with the trackers for full body tracking. SweViver did a video back in May 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc4V1HXwSEw

edit: why do my youtube links just show links, and not a preview window? :P
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,606
    Project 2501
    Spuzzum said:
    They have Final Soccer VR on Steam, and it works with the trackers for full body tracking. SweViver did a video back in May 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc4V1HXwSEw

edit: why do my youtube links just show links, and not a preview window? :P
      I had the same issue. You have to paste the link to notepad first then copy and paste the text:

You don't see it but you're pasting a link not text.

i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 479
    Trinity
    Cheers. Sometimes the link does show the preview, but mostly just the text is shown. I even tried the link tab at the top of the message box. There must be another way...I'm usually running Kodi, using the Chrome browser in it...there is no notepad function.