New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 8.0 Release Notes

2»

Comments

• donnyjoedonnyjoe Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    freemoto said:
    My Quest was just updated to version 8 but I honestly couldn't find where 'night mode' option is? I already looked everywhere under settings.
    I don't see it either.
  • MyOculusGo57MyOculusGo57 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    very strange , i'm on firmware 7.00 version.

I saw the option for night light , activated it , tested it , and now that i want to deactivate this option,

impossible to find again , in the different options... option disappeared but the Night mode is still there...

This was not just into firmware 8.0 version ?
  • freemotofreemoto Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    The night mode finally showed up a few days after my Quest was updated to version 8!
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    I had a bunch of wifi problems with v.8.0 so I did a factory reset and my wifi issues seem to have disappeared.
    Sadly all my game saves are gone :/
  • bneidermanbneiderman Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    My Quest updated to 8.0 yesterday. After the update my wifi-connection crashes every few minutes. I must turn wifi off and on again on the quest to reenable the connection. Until the new firmware I had absolutly no problems with the connection...

Today I also made a factory reset, but it doesnt help
    Yup. I just came here looking for this as well. System 8.0 has ruined my WiFi. I am CONSTANTLY disconnecting from WiFi. Never had this issue before the update. I am losing my mind with this. There is obviously some bug here.
  • h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    edited September 2019
    These WiFi disconnects are strange. On my own router I don't have these disconnects. On the older one of my parents I got these constantly. But I can't figure out, what the real reason is. 
    Other thing is that me and other people on my Facebook group are noticing slight stutterings in several apps since the latest firmware. I hope you can fix that soon. 
    German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/
  • kevinwarhaftkevinwarhaft Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2019
    im still on 7.0 but got the updates on my oculus go 
  • SerpulaSerpula Posts: 11
    Brain Burst
    Can we get some indication Oculus is working on the stuttering and instability in 8.0? It's really put me off using my Quest, I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. It was great when it came out, I was amazed by how it 'just worked'... now it's glitchy and unreliable.
  • ezop73ezop73 Posts: 298
    Nexus 6
    Serpula said:
    Can we get some indication Oculus is working on the stuttering and instability in 8.0? It's really put me off using my Quest, I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. It was great when it came out, I was amazed by how it 'just worked'... now it's glitchy and unreliable.
    There's a new update coming next week, so hopefully that fix will be in it and the fix for throwing you back into the guardian screen just because the room lighting changed slightly.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    Is it just me or did 8.0 address audio issues, specifically the low volume it was set at? Suddenly my Quest is pretty darn loud using the speakers on the DAS headstrap. Not complaining, just curious.
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    What's the latest quest firmware please?
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2019
    VRBabe14 said:
    What's the latest quest firmware please?
    mine is:
    user-358570.9320.0
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    @JohanTEA Thank you for adding your version.
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • PhenixS1970PhenixS1970 Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    I have a Quest since last weekend...and not very happy.  I play a lot of beat saber and the stutters drive me ....  I had installed beaton with custom songs and it turned out to be a disaster.  Factory reset and clean install beat saberwith no mods....same result.  I also have a google wifi mesh network so I get a lot of disconnect/connect warnings.  Back to main rig upstairs with CV1 till they fix this.