cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are Oculus going to fix the website login issues?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Just like the title says "When are Oculus going to fix the website login issues?" Maybe @ShowbizDonkey can answer the question because this problem has being going on forever. I login to the first page, but then I have to login again to the forums and just sit there forever watching it try to login. Sometimes it will work and then other times it's just pot luck. I'm sure it was @ShowbizDonkey who said this would be fixed sometime ago now?

13 REPLIES 13

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'll take that to mean never then 😛

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It isn't consistent for all users, so it probably won't be something that they "can" fix. I've had problems before, but after 3+ years on this forum, I've had issues less than 12 times total. Have you tried it with different web browsers and checked all browser settings?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Yes, I've tried chrome firefox and Opera. It took me about 9 attempts 2 days ago and about 7 attempts yesterday to try and login. I kept getting logged out for some reason when closing the browser. I can't find the other thread about this, but I was sure that ShowBizDonkey said it was something they were looking at fixing. I might have mistaken it for a different thread though.
I've never had this problem on any website apart from this one when it comes to logging in, that is unless the sever is down on another website. This isn't got good if new people are looking to join the forum. I know if I didn't know about the problem already, then I would have probably just given up after a few times of trying.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
That almost sounds like a conflict between login sessions. As if an older session conflicted with a new one. Did you try the whole "clear everything" from all browsers?

Also, give it a shot using the "incognito mode" or Opera's privacy mode.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'll have a mess around see what I can come up with. I might even reinstall windows since it's been a while.

Nekto2
Superstar

RedRizla said:

Just like the title says "When are Oculus going to fix the website login issues?" Maybe @ShowbizDonkey can answer the question because this problem has being going on forever. I login to the first page, but then I have to login again to the forums and just sit there forever watching it try to login. Sometimes it will work and then other times it's just pot luck. I'm sure it was @ShowbizDonkey who said this would be fixed sometime ago now?

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/674738/#Comment_674738

You need to enter Captcha. But ... you can't see it

Instead of clicking on "Sign In" you should right click and select "copy URL/link" of "Sign In" button/link. You will have URL:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/entry/oculusconnect

Go there and answer captcha to log in.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
You're right, we have been working on this one for a while and are unfortunately still working on it. The repro on this issue is super unreliable from what we've seen. I've hit the issue myself, but 98% of the time I'm either already logged in as expected or I'm able to log in no problem. We have not yet been able to pin down what the root cause is for those times when things don't work as expected.

Really sorry for the issues folks are hitting here. I'll continue to push on this.

Nekto2
Superstar

The repro on this issue is super unreliable from what we've seen. I've hit the issue myself, but 98% of the time I'm either already logged in as expected or I'm able to log in no problem. We have not yet been able to pin down what the root cause is for those times when things don't work as expected.

It is very precise: captcha on the page: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/entry/oculusconnect
This page is called with JS on Sign In button click and you can't see it. So you can't see captcha blocking login process.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Nekto2 said:

The repro on this issue is super unreliable from what we've seen. I've hit the issue myself, but 98% of the time I'm either already logged in as expected or I'm able to log in no problem. We have not yet been able to pin down what the root cause is for those times when things don't work as expected.

It is very precise: captcha on the page: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/entry/oculusconnect
This page is called with JS on Sign In button click and you can't see it. So you can't see captcha blocking login process.

So is this an easy fix if this is what's causing it?