Arizona Sunshine - The Damned DLC - expected summer 2019 (in a few days/weeks) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Arizona Sunshine - The Damned DLC - expected summer 2019 (in a few days/weeks)

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,089 Valuable Player
edited August 25 in Games and Apps
Even though it might be more of the same, the trailer is looking great:

Arizona Sunshine is by far my favorite VR zombie shooter. The only story-driven fps in VR I consider better than Arizona Sunshine is Doom VFR. Rift, Vive, WMR and Index hmds are expected to be supported. Full finger tracking support for Knuckles is expected (like in the original game).

According to the devs: 
As your team sets out, terrifying events unfold without warning that leave you to complete your objective on your own. Make your way up, over and inside the massive structure in an effort to stop the spread of the apocalypse in its tracks with no more than your commander’s voice over the radio to keep you company. Your relationship could use some work, and crippled with a fear of heights and a healthy dread of flesh-eating undead crawling away in the depths of a dark, damp megastructure, you have seen better days...

Arizona Sunshine - The Damned DLC offers a batch of electrifying VR content:

• Discover a brand-new chapter preceding the Arizona Sunshine story so far
  • Step into the shoes of a new protagonist who has seen better days
  • Put your VR survival skills to the test in the largest Arizona Sunshine mission to date
  • Explore a large and brand-new environment with a unique feeling of scale and depth
  • Team up with a friend in zombie slaying co-op!
  • Unlock all-new achievements

System requirements are similar to the first game (recommended GTX 980).

Some pics:

More info here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1074420/Arizona_Sunshine__The_Damned_DLC/

I don't know if the DLC will be available in the Oculus Store. 
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Comments

• OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 533
    Neo
    Very nice surprise, love this game in VR.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,089 Valuable Player
    OmegaM4N said:
    Very nice surprise, love this game in VR.
    I haven't finished the original game, looks like I'll be revisiting some zombies tonight.

The game looks stunning on the Index, but it's one of the rare games where Index is close to revealing too much, as you easily can spot lack of detail here avd there - the CV1 was better at fooling my eye and hiding flaws. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,214
    Wintermute
    Hopefully the DLC looks better with higher res textures etc!
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,089 Valuable Player
    And 3 days after my first post in this thread the game got delayed:

https://www.roadtovr.com/arizona-sunshine-dlc-damned-delayed-later-year/

“It’s important for us to deliver a game that is polished to our quality level. Unfortunately, that means getting ready for release is taking longer than anticipated,” the studio says in a press update.