New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest Home 'Sorry, something went wrong - please try again later'

TheAudiTheAudi Posts: 7
NerveGear
Had my oculus quest around 3-4 days now, and since I've bought it I haven't seen the home work once.
I've just done a factory reset in the hopes it would resolve the issue but no, it persists. I installed some apps from the store to see if I needed apps for it to work, and still nothing. 

I do love the quest but I'm starting to have my doubts about how stable software is etc. 

Please could you guys at head office look into this to see if there's something going on either at your end, or if there's something I'm missing? 

I've also posted this in the support section as I don't know which category this fits best.

Comments

• TheAudiTheAudi Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Everything else loads, Library, TV, Screen sharing etc, but the home just will not load. 
  • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    edited August 2019
    Hi, I have just tried to replicate the problem... & I succeeded.

I switched off my WiFi & “no internet connection” came up when I selected Home.

I then setup an old router of mine, that is not actually connected to my broadband. Turned on its WiFi & connected the Quest to it. Rebooted the Quest & tried to launch Home.
    I got exactly the same error as you.
    ”something went wrong - please try later”

This would tell me it’s to do with your broadband/internet connection.

regards
    Steve

NerveGear
    Hi, I have just tried to replicate the problem... & I succeeded.

I switched off my WiFi & “no internet connection” came up when I selected Home.

I then setup an old router of mine, that is not actually connected to my broadband. Turned on its WiFi & connected the Quest to it. Rebooted the Quest & tried to launch Home.
    I got exactly the same error as you.
    ”something went wrong - please try later”

This would tell me it’s to do with your broadband/internet connection.

regards
    Steve

I've currently tried this on 2 separate routers, at 2 houses, and I just tried this with my phones 4G network and this didn't work either, so at this point I feel like I'm running out of options, unless there's some unknown ports I need to open for this to work I'm stumped.
    Art3mis
    Probably a daft question, but out of curiously.. how do you use your phones 4g?
    I thought I’d try it myself but then realised that to connect a device to my phone’s internet, I have to connect to the phone using Bluetooth, not WiFi. It’s easy to connect a tablet to my phone & use the phones 4g but how would you connect the Quest this way?
    NerveGear
    Probably a daft question, but out of curiously.. how do you use your phones 4g?
    I thought I’d try it myself but then realised that to connect a device to my phone’s internet, I have to connect to the phone using Bluetooth, not WiFi. It’s easy to connect a tablet to my phone & use the phones 4g but how would you connect the Quest this way?
    Personal Hotspot on my iPhone allows connection via WiFi, Simply turn on Hotspot on iOS devices and it turns it into a WiFi hub if you like.
    Art3mis
    Thanks for that. It was just me being dumb. 
    I’ve now connected the Quest to my iPhone.. unfortunately for you it worked fine. No errors.
    Still doesn’t solve your problem though. I hope someone else can come up with the solution.

regards
    Steve
    NerveGear
    Thanks for that. It was just me being dumb. 
    I’ve now connected the Quest to my iPhone.. unfortunately for you it worked fine. No errors.
    Still doesn’t solve your problem though. I hope someone else can come up with the solution.

regards
    Steve
    Thanks for testing Steve, It would be my luck that things don't work! 
    I'm sure Oculus will reach out to me in aid of my problem.

Many Thanks
    Harry
    NerveGear
    Think I've found the cause.
    As soon as I unlinked my facebook account, It started to work again!

To test I linked my Facebook up again and it stopped working, removed and it all worked. 
    Art3mis
    That’s a strange one, but I’m glad you’ve sorted it 😀
  • thowthowwthowthoww Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 2019
    I'm having the same issue here. But only the developer list! Everything else works fine.
    It actually worked for 1 hour or so, but then stopped.
    Facebook linked or not doesn't change anything.
    I tried a different a account, meaning resetting the headset as well. Doesn't change anything.
  • juanyvosjuanyvos Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited November 2019
    Same here.
  • jsdepreyjsdeprey Posts: 54
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have had this issue since at least July, looked it this issue 8 months ago and never found this post. I opened a support ticket with Oculus on July 18th and they only told me to factory reset my Quest, I did it twice and still it still did not solve this issue, I replied to them about that and never got a response back. I gave up.
    Everything worked except home to I just went to Library and Store etc. Strange thing is I also have a Oculus Go and it has the same exact issue and on same account. So I just tried unlinking my Facebook Account from my Oculus Account and I have my home screen back! it has been 8 Months with no home screen!
    Oculus! get this fixed, how is it this bug exists at all that causes my Quest home screen to not load while signed in to Facebook account etc.?
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 993
    Art3mis
    Bought a Quest for a Family Christmas Gift and I've been having the same issue since December 24th. Unfortunately, removing FB, factory reset, etc. don't do anything to solve it...

At first Oculus support seemed more than happy to help, and we went back and forth about a dozen times before I suddenly received a canned automated response about them being busy, and I haven't heard anything from them since...

I was planning on trying to drum up some interest regarding the issue on Reddit and the like, but deleted my posts as I know they are likely doing what they can to solve the issue and I don't want to turn people off the Quest, but the lack of communication is making it seem almost necessary? 

Knowing that some other users here have been made to wait more than half a year without a solution is disconcerting; so if you are reading this, Oculus, please get back in touch and tell me what you are doing to fix the issue. 
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 338
    Art3mis
    How many of you having problems have loaded side quest apps?
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)
  • dc2889dc2889 Posts: 64
    Hiro Protagonist
    I fixed it after months of not having access to home,games,parties and friends tabs me contacting oculus directly with no help even though they tried. Great customer service as usual lol. In order to fix this issue you have to go into facebook or facebook the app. Then head over to your settings on facebook or the app. Enter the security tab then apps and websites. Click apps and websites then click apps websites and games tab. Then hit edit then select off now exit and go back. Wait ten seconds then security then apps and websites click apps and websites tab then click apps websites and games. Then hit edit then select on then you should get notifications from your oculus app saying your facebook friends have been added to your quest friends. after that your home,games,parties and friends tab should work.Your welcome