cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Shuts off or has a constant buzzing sound

ZombieXC
Honored Guest
Going back about a week, i sent a support ticket to figure this out.  I have done the troubleshooting as far as, setting the windows/steamvr/oculus volume settings to default the headset.  Switching The Oculus app to Public Test Channel, and moving the wires to see if its a faulty line.  None of those have fixed the issue.  One thing i finally noticed today was, every other game other than VRCHAT was fine when it came to talking.  But as soon as i stepped into that game, I got the buzzing sound and mic shut off.  Where do i go from here?
3 REPLIES 3

JustGameGuy
Honored Guest
I've had this problem in every game so I made an oculus support ticket to get a replacement and when I got the replacement all my mic problems I had were gone. I also had a static mic and mic would stop working after 20 mins or so

Downluck
Protege

ZombieXC said:

Going back about a week, i sent a support ticket to figure this out.  I have done the troubleshooting as far as, setting the windows/steamvr/oculus volume settings to default the headset.  Switching The Oculus app to Public Test Channel, and moving the wires to see if its a faulty line.  None of those have fixed the issue.  One thing i finally noticed today was, every other game other than VRCHAT was fine when it came to talking.  But as soon as i stepped into that game, I got the buzzing sound and mic shut off.  Where do i go from here?

This is a very common issue, there's also an opened topic on the Oculus Uservoice about this, please vote there to let them aware about the problem: https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/suggestions/38299354-fix-rift-s-mi...

Fangzhou
Adventurer
VRChat player here. Rift S microphone is not good for VRChat, it sometimes suddenly become full of noise. Even when the mic is working, the sound quality still terrible. I spent another $100 to buy antlion modmic wireless to replace the built-in mic.