cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no textures after the new Beat Saber update

earthberth
Expert Protege
I don't have any textures on the walls anymore after the new Beat Saber update. The walls look like wire frames... I don't know if there are any other effects missing because the graphics look so simplistic now but maybe it's due to the missing textures.
Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?
18 REPLIES 18

s-ynth
Explorer
Happening to me as well with the last update 

earthberth
Expert Protege
There was another update some days ago but the textures are still missing. I wrote 2 mails to beat games but nobody answers.
Almost 100 people read this thread here and there's just one reaction (thank you s-ynth!) . I wonder if just 2 beat saber players worldwide on the quest have that "problem"...

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Same here. But that is a feature. The introduced it with the color modes. This update is awful... 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

TragicDelight
Protege
On Rift S and Index I do not notice the issue.

earthberth
Expert Protege
Anyway it looks better on PCVR. But it was ok on the Quest before even the textures looked a bit muddy.
With the latest updates you lose a lot of the immersion because in some levels you have some very long walls and they don't roll past anymore. You are just standing between some none-moving walls and there's no feeling of speed or movement at all...
I agree - the update is awful... even I like some of the new songs.

s-ynth
Explorer
Hi,
I can confirm that with the new update the problem persists. I don't think that's a feature, if so, many other people would complain about that, it's a noticeable change and makes the experience worse. I've also posted to beat saber a message but, as earthberth said, no response so far.
If I find a solution I will post it here, I need to try a couple of things.

earthberth
Expert Protege
Thanks s-ynth. Maybe a complete reinstall solves it? I didn't try it so far...
I am disappointed that beat games doesn't react at all.

Celestius_X
Honored Guest
Hi. I have the same problem with my Quest. I deleted and reinstalled the software without success. And I just reset the headset to factory mode, still the same problem: no texture

earthberth
Expert Protege
It looks like they really removed the immersion and instead we can change the colours of the wire frames. Great...
Other companies developing for the quest try to push the limits of the snapdragon with great looking graphics (eg. Vertical Robot - Red Matter) and the company with the most successful VR game simplifies their quest version so much that the immersion is lost. And since their upgrade the frame rate is sometimes really bad (it was better when there were still textures on the walls).
I'm getting really envious when I see something like this on PCVR:

Obviously these graphics are not possible on the Quest - but please beat games - give us at least the option to turn on and off the textures on the walls...