cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programs closing when headset is taken off

drguild
Explorer
I read that this is a Oculus thing as Steam pauses the programs rather than closes them.
Some recommended you stuff a towel into the headset when you are taking a bathroom break to keep the screen on.

Annoying if you are in the middle of something and need a 20 minute break for bathroom or whatever reason and you come back to find your back at your home.

I decided once to take a walk outside the home's natural movement space into the landscape using the walk turn camera and walk back technique which is where I noticed this I took a break and was back at the homes default location and had a couple programs close when going the bathroom.

Just posting as I am sure others have noticed it and we should have a 
4 REPLIES 4

BumbleBee_VR
Honored Guest
I think we both have the same issue

I pretty much only play elite but a few mins after taking off my headset Oculus Home crashes and restarts with the game still running but Oculus not connected to it. I have to End Task and reboot the game in Oculus home before I can have it back in VR.

We need this fixed ASAP. this has been happening since 1.39 with me i think

drguild
Explorer
For me it just closes the app completely or restarts home if I'm in one rather than crashing.
really need a keep program running but paused function and yea that.

As I seem when I take my headset off oculus will crash or black screen or stuck on the white grid or something after a bit so could be related to your crash you mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see this regularly as well, a nice surprise if I come back and don’t have to restart my game. I play Elite Dangerous most of the time. 

BumbleBee_VR
Honored Guest
Temp solution is to cover the sensor inside the RiftS so it doesn't know I've taken off the headset and doesn't go into standby mode or whatever it does. Seems to work for the moment.