Is it possible to just buy a replacement screen? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is it possible to just buy a replacement screen?

ScaramooshScaramoosh Posts: 33
Brain Burst
My Go is over a year old now so I guess with these American Items it won't be covered by warranty? However I'm noticing dead pixels on the screen and it's really distracting in VR, it started with a lite row of two or three up at the top, but it wasn't noticeable too much. Now however I have another row of three or four to the right, but I find myself constantly seeing them. I just need to get the screen replaced....

Thanks. 

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,262
    Wintermute
    Maybe have a look at this YT Go teardown vid to help see what you would need to do to access the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMs_GmFhRLA

Looks pretty hard to me.

Maybe just contact Oculus support and see if they can help you out.  Who knows, maybe they will send you a replacement headset, or at least offer you a refurbished one at a discount price.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

• ScaramooshScaramoosh Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    I'm guessing I'd have to get a new one, I don't use it enough really to justify the price for it... just using it as my 360 video headset for my camera.

Always have this problem with LCD, never had a Dead Pixel with OLED. 
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,456 Volunteer Moderator

Always have this problem with LCD, never had a Dead Pixel with OLED. 
    My Quest (OLED) has a dead pixel.