FPS Games - Touch controllers vs Mouse & keyboard - Which would win? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

FPS Games - Touch controllers vs Mouse & keyboard - Which would win?

SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,208
Wintermute
Hey guys, I've been thinking about this a lot, who do you reckon would win?

So take a game like counter-strike for example, if you had one team of 5 players with mouse and keyboard and the other team with 5 players using Touch Controllers whilst playing in VR, which team would win?

And who would have the better aim? Have you ever thought about it?

I think it would be cool if they made a VR FPS that had compatibility for both formats. Imagine a team in Battlefield game where it utilised a combination of both setups?

My theory is that mouse and keyboard users with their fast twitch responses and good aim could rule the land from a distance where as Touch controllers could be better up close and personal.

So who do you think would win? mouse and keyboard or Touch?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

FPS Games - Touch controllers vs Mouse & keyboard - Which would win? 9 votes

Mouse and Keyboard
66%
Wildtbigmike20vtAwsedrftgReksio2000MorgrumElusiveMarlin 6 votes
Touch Controllers
33%
RedRizlasnowdogSkScotchegg 3 votes

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,990 Valuable Player
    Touch Controllers
    Touch controllers all day long!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,992 Valuable Player
    Mouse and Keyboard
    KB/M would win.....
    but depends on your reasons for playing. I am not a competitive gamer and for me i would enjoy playing with touch every time above KB/M.... but then i dont PvP.

PvP would only work in touch only lobbies imo.  i think it would be a massachre in mixed lobbies
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,208
    Wintermute
    Touch Controllers
    KB/M would win.....
    but depends on your reasons for playing. I am not a competitive gamer and for me i would enjoy playing with touch every time above KB/M.... but then i dont PvP.

PvP would only work in touch only lobbies imo.  i think it would be a massachre in mixed lobbies

Maybe your right, would be cool in games like Battlefield if you had people flying planes with a joystick, people on the ground with keyboard and mouse, and then people using snipers with Touch controllers. And also people building and perhaps medics with Touch controllers too.

And then other games like Raven Shield have building mechanics too, Touch controllers would be awesome in that game if you could play it in VR.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!