Dead Forum — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dead Forum

sergio.amateissergio.amateis Posts: 6
NerveGear
I am checkin' this forum every day, since I got my GO, 3 weeks ago.
No new posts, many questions without answers.  Dead Forum.
Anyone know some places more popular than this?

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,368 Volunteer Moderator
    Dead forum ? For the Go or in general ? The buzz for the Go fizzled a long time ago as the headset has been out a while. Some really useful threads to read through and still LOADS of experiences to try.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 479
    Trinity
    If you can't find what you're looking for here, then try Reddit.
  • sergio.amateissergio.amateis Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Yes, not bad..... already following it   :)
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,854 Valuable Player
    Reddit and google groups I assume....  The go is just a 3dof headset that's almost like a Samsung gear.  It's not very interesting to me at all, I assume the same can be said about the majority that have an actual interest in real VR.  But it's a great media device if you like the idea of watching a movie for a couple of hours with a box strapped directly to your face.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,368 Volunteer Moderator
    I do with mine @falken76 I mean unless you have a TV on your ceiling, I find it extremely comfortable to lie on my back in bed and stare up with the Go on for a good 2 hour movie fest :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• falken76falken76 Posts: 2,854 Valuable Player
    Ugghh, sounds terrible, but to each their own....
  • StayPuft83StayPuft83 Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    Techy111 said:
    I do with mine @falken76 I mean unless you have a TV on your ceiling, I find it extremely comfortable to lie on my back in bed and stare up with the Go on for a good 2 hour movie fest :)
    Personally, I love watching stuff in Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. in my Go. It feels, to me, basically like getting to watch on a giant screen in a really nice apartment, or a movie theater (depending upon which app you use). Funny enough, I actually find I prefer it to watching on my actual TV now. If only the battery would last longer I'd be watching almost everything in there instead of on my TV. Heck, I'm hoping at some point there is a way to watch my shows from my DVR in the Oculus Go and/or Quest. Then I may never use my TV again.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 479
    Trinity
    I enjoy watching videos with the Go and Quest, but I'm usually eating popcorn or drinking coffee/tea while watching things, as well as either using a vaporizer or rolling a few along the way, which makes things a little difficult while wearing a headset. :P
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,046 Volunteer Moderator

I think maybe a thread on the merits of watching movies is a better fit for this topic rather than a thread on the forum being dead. Also, me thinks, less contradictory. So if that's ok with you guys, I'll close this thread.

OP, if you want to reopen it, let me know. Cheers.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
This discussion has been closed.